(D1, EM, Open) Free Water

Bayushi Umeno

(D1, EM, Open) Free Water

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Tue May 19, 2020 3:32 pm

For a woman used to bathing in cold streams and rivers, the bath house had become a new favorite thing. The Scorpion most certainly had their own, and Umeno was pleasantly surprised that the Seidou did as well. It wasn't fancy at all, but that was to be expected.

She had arrived late the previous evening, so a good bath was her first stop in the morning. Her robes were off as soon as she'd entered, and it was no time at all before Umeno got her sore, toned frame into the water with a pleased sigh.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Former Kawagaya | Stand-Oafish | Blessed
Carries: Armor, Dai Tsuchi, Tetsubo, Tanto, Hat and Cloak, Pack

Yogo

Re: (D1, EM, Open) Free Water

Post by Yogo » Tue May 19, 2020 3:55 pm

Sometime later young man entered the bath house. He disrobed himself, glancing around nervously before making his way to the small buckets, rinsing his body, though he hair still remained rather mangy, his nails still dark with soot. Water alone would do only so much. Tucking his charms and his necklace under his worn robes, he waded into the water, nodding to the woman present. "Good morning." A warm smile flickered on his lips, his eyes seeking out hers if only to make sure she didn't think he was oggling. "This is quite the thing neh?" he murmured, looking around before sitting down, dipping his lanky body in the warm water. "They call me Yogo."
Unaliged • Shoji Tribe • Shugenja • Fire • Traveler
Description
Carries: Worn sword, satchel, knife.

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Tue May 19, 2020 4:01 pm

Umeno had looked up at the sound of another entering the baths, but it ended up just being some lanky man. The woman did a good job ignoring him until he spoke, at which point she opened an eye a bit to look toward him.

Her voice was youthful, with a rough edge to it. "It sure is... Yogo. Bayushi Umeno." It was simple enough, even a bit blunt.

Yogo

Post by Yogo » Tue May 19, 2020 4:13 pm

"Bayushi as in the Kami?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. He had heard some of the legends, having dismissed most of them. Yet stories were so prevalent that something had to be going on. Something had to have happened. People spoke about Celestial Beings walking among men and while Yogo had never seen any of shiny-tall-spirits, he had talked to a plenty of folks who claimed to have seen or even serving one of these beings. "Um, I am forgetting my manners. Well met, Umeno." Yogo bobbed his head at her, largely oblivious to any etiquette. The lanky man was rough, his hands calloused, his hair resembling more a dead animal than anything else. The budding Empire had many tribes that lived secluded lives, largely unaware of the change that was coming.

"Here for the journey south, I take it?" She didn't seem local so that seemed like a reasonable conclusion.
Description

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Tue May 19, 2020 4:30 pm

That brought a soft grunt. "Suppose you could say that. Was told to come, so I came."

Umeno would have been perfectly fine leaving things at that, but she grumbled out a, "You too?"

Yogo

Post by Yogo » Tue May 19, 2020 5:22 pm

"Ah." He looked away, trying to make sense of the situation. It seemed feasible that someone might want to know what was going on with the expedition. "Yes and no. I guess I was more curious myself. All the talk about the celestial beings. Figured I'd find out what it's all about." he shrugged, easing himself deeper into the water until the tips if his tangled hair touched the surface. "The stories have been all over the place."
Description

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Tue May 19, 2020 5:31 pm

She raised an eyebrow. "Curiosity? Nn. A strange reason to want to tag along on something I'm told is pretty dangerous. Or are you just in these lands to see us off?"

Umeno was relaxed back against the side of the bath, muscled arms laid out on the sides. The water was one of the few places she could truly feel at ease.

Yogo

Post by Yogo » Tue May 19, 2020 5:58 pm

"What's the worst could happen." Yogo grinned with all the confidence of youth. "Come worst I can take care of myself." he assured Umeno. "Saving a celestial being sounds like a grand adventure. Stuff of legends. We'll be heroes, maybe. And won't we have two of the celestial beings traveling with us?" That seemed like a good insurance. Surely the gods among humans would keep the ragtag procession safe. "Nah, I am tagging along all the way, unless someone tells me to bugger off. I really hope they won't, though!"
Description

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Tue May 19, 2020 6:32 pm

Umeno frowned a touch at Yogo's words, her brow furrowing. "Doesn't matter who's coming with us, the worst that could happen is you'll be dead. I'm good, I'll never say otherwise, but I don't have a deathwish. You want to be a hero so bad, this'll probably do it if you survive, but a hero's just someone that did something that other people care about. If you care about this, it's all that matters."

She gave a soft grunt. "I doubt anyone'll tell you to leave anyway. Your tribe or clan head know you're here?"

Yogo

Post by Yogo » Tue May 19, 2020 7:03 pm

"Nah, I have no plans to die anytime soon." he chuckled, still all too confident. "Saving a Celestial Being sounds like a noble thing to do, doesn't it? I hear that the others have brought great gifts and prosperity with them. I've seen some of it myself." Yogo nodded, convinced as he was. "So, being on their good side seems like a good idea, no?" If the Heavens seemed eager to rain blessings on the tribes, pleasing them seemed like a prudent idea. "Yeah, they know I am here. I'm just a fisher so, not like anyone will miss me too much."
Description

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Tue May 19, 2020 7:27 pm

"A fisherman that's off to become a hero and rescue a being from the heavens..." Umeno trailed off before she gave a low chuckle, shaking her head softly. "I'm not certain if you're crazy or not Yogo. I'm pretty certain that's the only explanation for your confidence, all things considered."

Yogo

Post by Yogo » Tue May 19, 2020 7:55 pm

"Well, I have few tricks on my sleeve." Yogo raised his hand out of water as if to pat his sleeve, only to realize he wasn't wearing anything. "Ahem. Anyway. That's how I feed myself, at least." Flustered, he looked at his feet for a moment. "Nah, I have seen crazy. I'm not crazy." Shaking his head, he looked up again. "I don't talk to the trees or bark at the moon. I think I'm good."
Description

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Tue May 19, 2020 9:40 pm

"Most of the most crazy people don't think they're crazy you know," Umeno said wryly. "Still... it's your life to do with as you will. If you're that confident in your abilities and tricks, then far be it from me to stop you from becoming a hero."

Yogo

Post by Yogo » Tue May 19, 2020 10:13 pm

"Do I look crazy to you, Umeno?" Yogo asked, raising an eyebrow. "Or maybe you would think me crazy if I told you I can hear the spirits around us." the young man dragged his hand over the still surface of the water. "Hear them and call upon them. Perhaps your clan has men and women like me?" While 'blessed' and 'touched' were not rare among the Shoji, he hadn't met many others like him during his travels. There had been few at the capitol and a guy called Tsubo claimed that both his wife and daughter could hear the spirits, even if he could not.
Description

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Wed May 20, 2020 5:29 am

"Well, I wouldn't know what a crazy person looks like, but I've seen one or two that can talk to spirits." She gave a small shrug. "I suppose that should help you handle yourself, not that I'd know. Those few I've met were hardly trying to save any beings, after all."

Yogo

Post by Yogo » Wed May 20, 2020 1:50 pm

"It's not like we'll be alone there. I've understood that there'll be dozens of us." Hailing from a tribe that was composed of 'dozens' of men and women, the number seemed staggering. Had he known what an army was, he might have called the expedition 'an army'. "No-one has really told me what to expect there, but they say it's dangerous." Curiosity gleamed in his eyes. "Nothing like the world here."
Description

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Wed May 20, 2020 4:38 pm

She grunted again. "Don't care how many we have. We don't know how many they have. Don't even know who they are. Whoever our for is, they've taken a Kami captive. Can't be an easy or weak for."

Yogo

Post by Yogo » Wed May 20, 2020 7:30 pm

"I doubt that the Kami would lead us there if they thought the task hopeless." Seeing how the world was changing, how large some of the settlements were, it looked like the Celestial Beings had an idea what they were doing. "Everyone's praising them too. So, what could go wrong?" Plenty of things could, as Yogo would likely eventually find out.
Description

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Thu May 21, 2020 6:14 am

"I certainly doubt so as well. Still plenty that could go wrong though. The Kami are strong and skilled, but they're not perfect. If they were, one wouldn't be captured and be in need of rescue, right?"

Yogo

Post by Yogo » Thu May 21, 2020 1:48 pm

"That I do not know." He admitted. "But if the Kami thought the expedition folly, surely they would not organize it." Shinjo might later make a career out of 'poor life choices' but given that it hadn't still happened, it might not happen. "I don't think that they'd march us to death just to make a point?"
Description

Return to “The Bathhouse”