Final Farewells [D24, EE, expecting]

Jiyo Sora

Re: Final Farewells [D24, EE, expecting]

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:48 am

"Oh, if the Kami hadn't fallen, the Noriaki would have crushed the Seppun underfoot and then moved on to another target. Or Chosaku woukd have led the Hikaru on an ever-increasing number of raids, farther and farther afield. Or Jigoku would have launched its war on a bunch of disunited illiterate tribes instead of an Empire..."

He took another pull of what the Seidou insisted was beer.

"It's always some damn thing. Every sense we have is an instrument for reacting to change."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:04 am

"Reacting to change, hmm? Like I hear you are doing, yes? Starting up a library system? I wouldn't mind the chance to have the Isawa libraries get copies of what is put there. Unlike many of the other tribes, we have not been illiterate for some time, and also have some books that you likely would not find elsewhere."
Kyosei of the Isawa Tribe
Shugenja • Earth • Experienced • Jade

Glory 2 • Reputation 4 • Status 1
Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.
When out in the area outside the camps, Axe, shovel, bo staff.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:06 am

"Oh, we'd love to work out some kind of exchange... nothing too secret, of course, but once we have a handle on the texts we'll be beginning with, I'd love to exchange lists, see what we can work out."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:07 am

"Definitely a good starting place. Though, I would warn you, a lot of the more recent texts are not... complimentary of the little gods. Some are... downright nasty."

small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Jin

Post by Jin » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:16 am

Jin chuckles a little, "Well some of them probably deserve it. I doubt any treatise I wrote on Hantei would be too fawning." He pauses, "Though I guess I have to give him credit for his sacrifice if nothing else - but same goes to Sora so it's not entirely high praise."
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:19 am

"Eh. He gave up more than I did, but the point stands."

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:27 am

"Are you sure? It is not the sacrifices one makes in life that show one's true growth, but how one handles the loss."

Jin

Post by Jin » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:28 am

Jin nods, "Very true. It will remain to be seen if coming even closer to humanity shall give him humility or if he will overreact in the other way to make up for his loss."
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:36 am

"All of which goes to show that we, at least, won't be too terribly upset if the Tribe of Isawa produces some texts which question the Kami .."

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:19 am

"Ah? I know of at least 3 that are actually worth reading. Several more that seem only to exist to showcase their failings, but have no other merit."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:22 am

"We can probably dispense with the pure hatchet jobs- they'd be a hard sell- and anyway, whatever I may think of some of his siblings, Shiba has not just my loyalty, but my genuine respect and admiration. But these other three sound promising."

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:30 am

"I'll see if I can get copies made. Perhaps make sure they are included in the first crossover shipment of this new multiple Library system you are wanting?"

Kyosei may not be the greatest negotiator, but he did know a few tricks. It was always better to have something the other wanted, available when they had things set up for you. That way, they had a prize waiting when they were done with the work.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:32 am

"That would do nicely."

Jin

Post by Jin » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:29 am

"Outside of the library if the Isawa have any texts on spiritual threats I would love to have a chance to peruse copies. This journey only helped highlight how little we know about what is potentially out there. Not just the threats from the realm of evil itself but pre-human races, spirits, and more."

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:45 am

"Any such texts that might help laymen would be welcome in the libraries as well..."

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:29 am

"I will have to look. I am sure we have such things, but I have never studied it before. I will also have to get permission from the authors or their teachers to share such with you."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:34 am

"Naturally. Unlike some, neither Jin nor I expect 'service to the Empire' to count for much with people who aren't technically part of it."

Jin

Post by Jin » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:05 pm

Jin nods, "Though I do hope 'for the greater good' bears some weight. We've learned that those forces opposing us can masquerade as us. Having documents against them in only one place is a recipe for disaster."

Description

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:36 pm

Kyosei takes another sip of the liquid. "That is true. And, in case of purely natural issues, such as fire, flood, or floor collapse. Sorry, needed a rhyme for the last."

Another sip, followed by a sigh. "While I appreciate your thoughts, and I have no oracular gift, I have read some of what the Isawa tribe has written, about other tribes. And the Empire, in many ways, is a tribe writ large. Very large, but still, the same things occur. And one of those things is a need to expand, in one way or another. And so I feel I need to begin looking to what can and should happen when it expands into Isawa lands. And, no, don't tell me it won't eventually. We may be far now, but the Dragon moved just across the mountains from us, and claimed a great deal of land."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:12 pm

"Oh, that's no great secret. The Empire is going to reach out until it finds borders it has to respect, whatever any given individual may think of it."

Return to “Pure River Brewery”