Final Farewells [D24, EE, expecting]

Kyosei of the Isawa

Re: Final Farewells [D24, EE, expecting]

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:17 pm

"And while now, I think, the Isawa can hold it's own against the Empire, eventually you would just grow to outnumber us, completely. It doesn't matter if the greatest spirit-callers could destroy 500 Empire soldiers in a day, if you can throw 10,000 at us. So, I have to plan for the future. Hmm. Sora, any chance, if in the first conflicts we prove powerful enough, we could join as an entire new clan? Smaller than the others, but powerful, nonetheless."
Kyosei of the Isawa Tribe
Shugenja • Earth • Experienced • Jade

Glory 2 • Reputation 4 • Status 1
Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.
When out in the area outside the camps, Axe, shovel, bo staff.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:21 pm

Sora frowned.

"Clans have Kami. You could perhaps join a Clan as a family- I know the Takemori intend to make a case for being an Imperial Family, for example. But I think the choice should be made before a conflict, so you don't run the risk of having terms dictated to you by the victors. Shiba and Shinjo both respect the existing traditions of their followers..."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:28 pm

"You assume the first conflict would result in the Empire winning. Hmm, most tribes have spirit-callers with strength in one element, or perhaps two, correct? I myself have two, and the tribe of Isawa has all four, plus some few gifted with a fifth element. We can bring spells upon attackers that are unimagined by most. Though, your point about Shiba and Shinjo are valid. Hmm. Perhaps, over time, we can talk of the Isawa joining the Imperial families. Imperial priests, to lead the calling of the spirits. I could see that." Kyosei's eyes are nearly closed as he thinks, and considers.

Another sip.

small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Jin

Post by Jin » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:29 pm

"As far as neighbors go I think there are worse options than Togashi. I can say that there's next to no chance of the Ki-Rin tromping into your lands without permission but you are right that might not be the case of all Clans. I doubt Shiba would seek to bring tribes in by force but, you are correct, that with time and borders cultural pressure alone will be a factor."
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:51 pm

"I know for a fact that the Emperor would at the very least listen to such a petition- the Tribe of Isawa has not only sent aid on this mission in your person, they have also supplied the Lady of the Spider, my kohai, Ayumu, and not least, my intended, Kinyoubi. From my own standpoint, a tribe that brings as much to the Empire as they hope to receive from it is a development to be appreciated. If your people are interested, they will get a hearing."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:26 am

"My people are not... currently. But, I hope to lay seeds for the future. I can see things are going to happen - though not as you do, Sora - and try to plan to minimize the issue. I am a patient man, and prepared to lay long term plans."

Jin

Post by Jin » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:31 am

Jin nods and takes another sip, "Speaking of which. I assume I can trust your discretion, Kyosei?"
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:33 am

"So long as it does not lead to damage to my family, or tribe, yes."

Jin

Post by Jin » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:42 am

"Very much the opposite, I suspect, but our recent knowledge of mimics and infiltrators requires it." His voice is a little lower, easy enough to hear but enough to be drowned out any further out by the noise of the brewery, "I've been working on forming a small group to help safeguard humanity from threats from any realm. To be the jade that protects it from those that would bring spiritual harm. Working with secrecy and discretion so we do not openly draw the wrath of those forces and so they are lulled into the false sense of security to operate more openly than they might if they knew we existed."

He takes another sip, "I had already intended you as a point of contact if this network uncovered any such threats in the lands of the Isawa. But, given the importance your research has already played, and you having done more than enough to prove yourself both capable and friend, I feel more direct cooperation would be for the best."

He laid out the basics of the Jade Sect while leaving it to Sora if he wanted to inform Kyosei on the larger conspiracy it was part of.

Description

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:48 am

Kyosei listens intently, not saying anything. He sips slowly at the drink the Crab have provided.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:16 am

Sora weighed the issue... and then, very quietly, spelled out the broad strokes of keeping an eye on the Kami in the name of preserving human freedom to make their own decisions.

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:25 am

At the end Kyosei takes a deep breath. "Oh, thank the spirits. I am not the only one that sees that they may cause greater issues than they mean. Or that their children may not be as benevolent as they espouse to be."

Jin

Post by Jin » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:34 am

Jin chuckles a little, his voice low, "Well, I did say any realm. I trust in Shinjo and Shiba but the rest... some I think will probably be ok, some I am fairly certain will be a concern."

Description

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:12 am

"Some may not intend to be a concern, but... they are powerful enough to cause issues, without even realizing it. For instance, Hida and his Crab, as they interact with the Rat Creatures we interacted with. Or Togashi's followers, if they are not careful in the mountains up there. Get one Yuki no Onna mad at you, and it could wreck one of their towns, or worse, an Isawa town. Because Togashi wanted peace for his clan, and chose a territory where most of his followers do not know the dangers."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:47 am

"In fairness to Togashi, his followers come looking for him, not the other way around... But yes, part of why I serve Shiba is because he actually considers consequences."

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:02 am

"And does he know of this... group?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:12 pm

Sora shot a glance at Jin.

"First day of his reign, I told him. That was almost a year before he entrusted me with the safety of his first child, so if he's directly opposed, he has a funny way of showing it. I think he understands that trust is earned."

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:00 am

"Shiba... was one of the few little gods that impressed me. Perhaps he also sees the... negative potential of his siblings, and so tacitly supports your group. Even gives it approval. Not for what it is now, but what it can become."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:13 pm

"I think it's more that he understands that our concerns are not groundless, and that by working with us, he can do a lot more to allay them than by trying to stamp out any and all dissent."

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:36 pm

"Hmm." Kyosei nods, then takes another sip. "So, you hope to create a chapter that deals with all incursions of the other realms. While you want to form a subgroup that deals with protecting each community, seperately. What other chapters are there? Do you have one that coordinates? One that acts as the go-between? One that supports the other groups, and supplies them when they need it, with items or persons that they could not otherwise find?"

Return to “Pure River Brewery”