Final Farewells [D24, EE, expecting]

Jiyo Sora

Re: Final Farewells [D24, EE, expecting]

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:02 pm

"Or maybe this obsidian stuff is just... nastier. Darker."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:08 pm

"I do know one difference, between these two pieces. The normal one is from a volcano I passed on the way down here. The other? I found that at the base of Seppun Hill. With no volcano around. But, it is where the little gods fell. And... if the stories are correct, where the blood of their father might have fallen."
Kyosei of the Isawa Tribe
Shugenja • Earth • Experienced • Jade

Glory 2 • Reputation 4 • Status 1
Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.
When out in the area outside the camps, Axe, shovel, bo staff.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:09 pm

"Moon blood?"

Sora sighed.

"They certainly do complicate things with their family business sometimes..."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Jin

Post by Jin » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:10 pm

"So they're not really the same stone then. Like the difference between greenstone and jade. Only one is of the heavens... though the fact that the heavenly one is the one that falls to corruption is disconcerting. What does that say about Lord Moon...."
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:13 pm

"Prick ate his children. What more do we need to say about him?"

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:27 pm

"Heh. True. Then, they were cut forth, and now we have to deal with them." He shakes his head. "Still, there is also your first idea - that it absorbed the Foulness. Another form of protection, but one that leaves the item with bite. Jade only gets destroyed, after all."

small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Jin

Post by Jin » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:02 pm

"I will be honest. I do not trust any 'bite' coming from that realm. Have you tried leaving the darkened piece with jade? To ensure the darkness is truly trapped?"
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:10 am

"I have not tried touching one to another, no." He reaches into a pouch and pulls out a small carving of a badger. Reaching forward, he carefully drops it next to the marked obsidian arrowhead.

There is no reaction.

Jin

Post by Jin » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:15 am

"At least it does not radiate the evil. Still, I would be very careful. I cannot imagine a cut from it would be safe."

Description

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:17 am

"Thus why it is carefully wrapped in cloth, and in a pouch with only the two arrowheads and that cloth. It feels... dangerous on an existential level. Or maybe as a last gasp item, useful only for killing what you need dead, with no doubts about it."

Jin

Post by Jin » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:55 am

Jin takes a sip of his drink and nods, "If even then. Dark tools can stain the soul even if the motive is pure." A frown, "I wonder if it required the concentrated evil of that place to reach this point of if we are in danger of these popping up through the land from where shards had fallen."

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:11 am

"Something to look into, I would say."

Jin

Post by Jin » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:14 am

Jin sighs and takes another drink, "On top of many, many others. Who knew creating an empire while preparing for a cosmic war would be so much busy work."

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:17 am

"Especially since there are already internal stresses to go with the external ones. I'm afraid the Emperor is going to be even busier in the days ahead."

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:33 am

"I know I am not a member of the Empire, but sometimes that can be a benefit. Might I ask about the internal stresses? I might be able to find a solution, one not obvious to someone on the inside."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:39 am

"Oh, just different ideas of the future and what's to be. And the Stag and Spider have been a bit... on edge all the way back."

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:06 am

"Ah. Yes, fights between siblings can be... bad. I have several brothers and sisters, and my master does as well. I've seen many variations." Kyosei shakes his head. Then, taking a sip of the drink, stops and looks at it. "This isn't bad. Have to see if it travels well."

"Ah. This entire thing, the little gods falling, the tournament, this expedition. None of it was broadly imagined so many years ago."

Jin

Post by Jin » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:21 am

"The falling stones that lead to the avalanche. Sadly leaving most with no choice other than to ride it out or to get out of the way."

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:34 am

"Well. You can't back into the future- and if it hadn't been them, it would have been... something."

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:41 am

"Something? You feel there would have been something either way? You sound like you might know of what that is? Dare I ask?"

Return to “Pure River Brewery”