Night Cap (D1, LE, Open)

Jin

Night Cap (D1, LE, Open)

Post by Jin » Wed May 20, 2020 9:05 pm

Jin disliked the feeling of excess drink and always avoided it as best he could. That said he was still not used to sleeping in busy villages... or indoors for that matter... and a drink or two could ease that slip into the realm of dreams.

As such the darkening night found the daimyo sampling the offerings of the brewery and, he must admit, it was quite good indeed.
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Doji Kakuro

Re: Night Cap (D1, LE, Open)

Post by Doji Kakuro » Thu May 21, 2020 12:46 am

Kakuro was not much of a drinking person. Smoking was more his thing. Yet, he understood that drinking and the process of creating such brevages was indeed important for the development and cultural traditions of people. He knew a bit of the Seidou, he was a southerner as well and previously had visited these lands.

He noticed that Jin was here as well. The daimyo of the family that carried his own name. One of Kami Shinjo close advisors and followers.

Kakuro bowed to the man. '' Good evening, Jin-sama.'' The former wandered bowed to the man, as was dictated by the etiquette customs created by Kami Doji.
*Crane Clan *Wanderer *Architect *Blessed *Ascetic *Companion *Puppeteer
Carries: Bronze sword, light armor, pipe, cannabis, ragged clothing, straw hat
Mon: Crane, Doji

profile|avatar|theme

Jin

Post by Jin » Thu May 21, 2020 12:51 am

Jin delivered a very awkward, very rough, attempt at something not quite unlike a bow from his sitting position in return - it was clearly not something he had yet put much practice in.

"Good evening. Though I fear you have me at a disadvantage friend. I assume you are a follower of Doji or Hantei?""
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Doji Kakuro

Post by Doji Kakuro » Thu May 21, 2020 12:58 am

''A companion of Kami Doji...'' He nods to the man. '' Doji Kakuro, is this one's name. '' He presented himself with another bow.

'' Etiquette as kami Doji has taught to the realm is not something that will be spread quickly, though i try to follow her teachings as best i can in order to bring their ideas to the rest of ningen-do.'' Kakuro said to the man. '' Might i sat here?'' He asked.

'' To be sincere, i had not been a very good student, haha...'' Kakuro said. He was still using his ragged clothes and had not changed his approach to that particular topic, something that had caused him problems with kami Doji before.

profile|avatar|theme

Jin

Post by Jin » Thu May 21, 2020 1:12 am

Jin smiles and nods, "Sit, sit and enjoy." Ok at least not Hantei then.

While Jin had not seen eye to eye much with Doji nor had he reason to hold her in as much disdain as her brother.

"Hopefully she will accept and understand that not all will be willing or able to change their ways easily or perhaps at all."

Description

Doji Kakuro

Post by Doji Kakuro » Thu May 21, 2020 3:06 am

'' Indeed. I have been trying to give my own, flawed, perspective as to how is to be a ningen here, so as to advise her into how different we are with respect to them. After all, they are gods.'' He commented as he sat down.

'' But that raises the question, how valid are our perspectives, as mere mortals, with comparison to them, who are gods. Maybe they fell from Heavens, but in essence and spirit, they are still divine beigns.'' He adds.

'' I had, in the past, spoke briefly with Shinjo-no-kami before, though i must sadly said that it was a really brief talk, so, if you don't mind, how is Shinjo-no-kami different from the others?'' He asked politelly.

profile|avatar|theme

Jin

Post by Jin » Thu May 21, 2020 5:23 am

Jin nods as the Crane speaks, "I understand that concern but, to me, it is as simple as this. The ways of gods are right in the heavens but we are not in the heavens. They are visitors who have had to move into our... village... so to speak and part of that is adapting to the ways of the locals. It is well and good to show them things you know that they do not, but it is not being a good guest to expect them to change their entire way of life to match what you did in your old village."

He takes a small sip from his drink before continuing, "That is something Shinjo understands: that one must learn and adapt to where one finds themselves. You improve things where you can but also understand that others may have something to teach you even if they might at first seem lesser or backwards compared to the way you used to do things. I believe some of her siblings see that as well so I guess that's not entirely unique to her. But it is why I chose to travel alongside her."

Description

Doji Kakuro

Post by Doji Kakuro » Thu May 21, 2020 5:50 am

'' I see.'' Kakuro commented as he took out his pipe, put some herbs on it, and light it up. '' Indeed, the kami all seem similar, thought they are also different from each other. I guess while they all share the values of Tengoku and have a deep understanding of how the Heavens are or how they behave, they also differ from each other in the approach to solve the same question.'' Kakuro adds.

'' Doji-no-kami for example, believes in unity through the spread of one culture, one language, one force that drives people into a single common course.'' He tries to explain Doji's own beliefs. '' She understands the value of culture into uniting those disparate tribes and peoples. And while at first glance you could say that is intrusive in the way of life of these individual tribes, i don't view it as such...''

'' For once for example, the Daughter of Heavens, does include individual traditions into her own understanding of Tengoku, so to speak. So what once could had been a single cultural norm of custom of one individual tribe, she spreads it and share it to the rest of them.'' Kakuro says as she then smokes from his pipe.

'' For what i got from rumours and from my brief interaction, and now with your words, Jin-sama, it would seem that both Daughters of Heavens are quite similar? though once again they differ in the process to achieve that?'' Kakuro asks to Jin but also to himself.

profile|avatar|theme

Jin

Post by Jin » Thu May 21, 2020 6:54 am

"As you say a similar goal and ideal but not necessarily similar in methods of how to get there. Unity does not need to mean conformity. There is strength to be found in a diversity of opinions and experiences yet those diverse voices can still be lifted up in one song. I think that, perhaps, is where their approaches to the ideal diverge."

He takes another small sip, "When I spoke with Doji, though briefly, it seemed her focus was that the end goal of unity was more important than the cost along the way."

Description

Doji Kakuro

Post by Doji Kakuro » Thu May 21, 2020 7:16 am

'' Indeed the goal for her is very important, at least that is my impression as well. I don't think that she disregards the process per-se but believes in her methods and she follows them as best as she can do as well.'' Kakuro shrugs. '' But i follow her because i believe that she indeed has the best of intentions with regard to the future of these realm, and it was Shiba-no-kami that convinced me to follow her, after he told me a story about Doji-no-kami.'' Kakuro adds.

'' The Emperor has great trust in his sister, and much appreciation, so do i.'' Kakuro says.

profile|avatar|theme

Jin

Post by Jin » Thu May 21, 2020 8:49 am

Another nod, another sip.

"Shiba has much faith in all his siblings. A trait that Shinjo shares. I have faith in both of them so I trust their opinion but I know family ties can sometimes blind as much as they bind."

Description

Doji Kakuro

Post by Doji Kakuro » Fri May 22, 2020 12:44 am

'' Well, i can't give an opinion about that since this is the first time i kind of have a family.'' Kakuro commented. '' Being a tribeless wanderer made difficult for that particular topic, ha.'' He adds.

'' What about your own family, Jin-sama? How is your family doing?''

profile|avatar|theme

Jin

Post by Jin » Fri May 22, 2020 12:57 am

"That I can certainly understand. I was tribeless, myself, for much longer than I have been part of any family or clan. As for the found family that we are building to bear my name it is going well so far considering much of my time has been spent preparing for this march instead of seeking out people to join us. But enough come seeking Shinjo who bear the gift, or better suit my temperaments, that it has not hindered us much in growing slowly but surely."

Description

Doji Kakuro

Post by Doji Kakuro » Fri May 22, 2020 10:26 am

''I'm glad to hear that everything has been going fine with your family, Jin-sama.'' He commented. '' The fact that the creation of the Kami gives so much importance to family as the basic form of organization in their creation must mean that it will be an important part of the future of whatever results from what we are doing now.''

'' Hopefully Amaterasu's-no-kami sacred light continue to guide your's and your family destiny and i hope that destiny should be a prosperous and harmonious one.'' Kakuro adds.

profile|avatar|theme

Jin

Post by Jin » Fri May 22, 2020 11:08 am

"From my understanding it is a mirror of what they knew in the heavens. The Emperor like the Sun and Moon, the Kami like... well the Kami, and the families in their service like the various fortunes."

Description

Yoshitsune Nori

Post by Yoshitsune Nori » Fri May 22, 2020 12:35 pm

It’s for the good of the expedition, Nori thought guiltily as he slipped out the side door of the brewery with a skin full of grain alcohol tucked under his robes. We’ll need strong drink to keep morale up when things get tough.

The voices in the drinking room startled him. What kind of person needs to be out drinking so late at night? Nori thought angrily. Then smiled to himself as he realized the irony. He was, in fact, just such a person.

With any luck, the drinkers hadn’t seen him yet. Quietly he tried to slip away without being noticed…..

“Packing for the Expedition” event roll
Day 1 LE Gathering the rest with no raises, AGI/Stealth +Void Point TN20: 6d10o10k5 32
Crab Clan • Shugenja • Fire • Caravan Guard • Cook • Medicine Man
Status 1.0 • Glory 2.0 • Reputation: As Expected
carries: scroll satchel, cook pot, yarrow sticks, tetsubo, flute

Jin

Post by Jin » Fri May 22, 2020 10:56 pm

Description

Return to “Pure River Brewery”