[D1 LA[ Essential Supplies

Ongaku no Ryoko

Re: [D1 LA[ Essential Supplies

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Thu May 21, 2020 9:15 am

"My tribe."

She looked skeptical, but didn't want to be rude.

"We do not believe in... gods."

A soft shrug. "Not plural, at least. We know the world was made by the great maker, in distant past, when all things began, but ever since, it has been left to caretaker spirits. Perhaps these caretaker spirits, given flesh?"

A frown. "I do not know... it seems the world has become larger, and yet smaller, all at once, with word of these new ways spreading across the land. We Takemori once thought we knew where we stood in the world, and now we hear tales which puzzle us greatly."
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.
Profile :: Themes

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu May 21, 2020 9:25 am

"I was born in the northern mountains past the great mountain range that stands in the middle of these protected lands. Up there, my father's tribe were kin to the shapeshifting spirits of the komainu. They believed in the strength of those that came before, and the power of one's eternal soul. I knew nothing of gods, if not those of all the things around us."

Kinsen grins. "But when I first laid eyes on him. My dear husband, shining with the light of Lady Sun, I saw truth." She points to her eyes, explaining. "These were once gray. Now they're golden. A gift I received in marriage. Perhaps a sparkle of his blessings that is attached to me."
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Thu May 21, 2020 9:29 am

"Blessed by the caretaker indeed, then."

Ryoko nodded, and then added, curiously.

"So how far did you have to travel for this trip? The mountains to the north are further than my tribe wander - are they truly the end of the world?"
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu May 21, 2020 9:41 am

“I never crossed to confirm that. They are quite far, indeed. Yet, we have actually traveled from Otosan Uchi. A town within the Golden Sun Plains. The place where most of the Kami fell from the Heavens.” Kinsen says.

She chuckles, adding, “It is proving to be the farthest and longest I ever traveled.”

With a curious frown, she asks, “You mentioned a caretaker. Have ever heard the story of Lady Sun and Lord Moon?”
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Thu May 21, 2020 9:55 am

A blank expression.

"No, are they some of the spirits who oversee creation?"

Ryoko wondered what sorts of wild stories these would be.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu May 21, 2020 10:01 am

“Well... yes. Amaterasu-o-kami-sama and Onnotangu-o-kami-sama. They bless this land with their light and have created all of what is here. The Kami that fell from the skies are their children. My dear husband, the youngest one.”

TN to be recognized is 0

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Thu May 21, 2020 11:28 am

"Ooh, a sun spirit and moon spirit?"

Ryoko nodded sagely. "They would be very respected spirits indeed, if entrusted with such important and magnificent creations. Their child must have been a great soul indeed to join that task."

It seemed she was... sort of understanding. In her own clueless way.

"I hope some day, when I die, the songs they sing of me might secure me such a wondrous duty in my afterlife!"

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu May 21, 2020 8:51 pm

"That's correct. They gave birth to the kami, to ourselves, to all that we sense, and to much that we cannot. But, as with any couple, they had arguments. In one of these, a dark force whispered wicked things to Lord Onnotangu, seducing him to move away from his dear family. In one of his travels, far from the stars and the celestial beings, darkness made him sick with paranoia, jealousy and sinful ideas. It told him his wife shouldn't be greater than himself, and that she would one day use her children to drain his power away. In an act of desperation, he locked one of his children in his moon cage, and moved to next in line. Lady Sun hid her youngest boy, giving her husband a stone she shaped like their son, instead. As this child grew up in hiding, he learned the ways of the sword from the Celestial Dragon. He swore to his mother he would free his siblings, and, in an eventful day, he did so. Blessed with the light of his mother, this young man confronted his father, and defeated him in combat. As Onnotangu-no-kami cage was destroyed, that young man and all his siblings fell from the skies into this world."

She says, and finishes the story, "The ninth brother fell far from the rest. To where we'll be heading soon. The young god from the story is my dear husband, and he still glows with the light of heavens today. You'll see soon."

Kinsen nods to her aspirations. "When I die, I hope for something similar. That the legacy I help building honors my departure, so afterlife can be wondrous. To guarantee me a better return to this world, if I fail to find enlightenment."

TN to be recognized is 0

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Thu May 21, 2020 10:33 pm

Ryoko was a bit confused by the story, though she tried not to show it.

"This moon spirit doesn't sound too bright, if he's fooled by a stone..."

A soft frown, which was replaced by surprise at her later revelation. "You married one! Surely you won't even need a great song to carry your name to the maker - after all, one of the spirits already knows and loves you by name!"

She clasped her hands in front of her, offering a small bow. "You are blessed indeed, miss Hantei. I hope some day I am worth of you singing my deeds before the spirits as well."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu May 21, 2020 11:09 pm

"I take he was... ahm... inebriated with.... anger.... maybe, and not full to his senses, and that Lady Sun was very skilled in making stone take life." She raises eyebrow and giggles, adding. "I'm a terrible singer, but I pray now that you find the light of the Kami in the same way I've found."

TN to be recognized is 0

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Fri May 22, 2020 12:00 am

"Maybe I will some day."

She nodded, puffing out her chest. "And I still think he sounds kind of stupid - being fooled by a rock."

Glancing around, she added, "Is this brew house another invention of these sky spirits? I saw the bath earlier - it was very nice."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Fri May 22, 2020 12:36 am

Kinsen presses her lips again, containing the urge to smooch the horned girl's cheek, as she puffs up all convinced of her ideas. With a giggle, she says, "I am not sure. I guess not. Although I remember Hida-kami being quite fond of drinking and... ahm... pounding."

TN to be recognized is 0

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Fri May 22, 2020 12:55 am

"Like smithing? We don't do much of that, but I saw some in the courtyard. It was very interesting. I wish we could find a way to fit a forge on the wagons... but it's probably too heavy."

Ryoko nodded. "I don't know what makes this drink better, but it smells like flatcake dough... it makes me hungry."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Fri May 22, 2020 1:31 am

There's a shrug, and she leaves pounding at that.

Kinsen haven't really sipped anything yet to be able to contribute, so, she says quite instinctively, "Well, I can order you food or make some. What you want to have?"

TN to be recognized is 0

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Fri May 22, 2020 2:42 am

"Oh, I shouldn't impose..."

She didn't seem too certain of that, and she glanced at the brewhouse product thoughtfully.

"Have you tried the drink here?"

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Fri May 22, 2020 7:16 am

“I haven’t, yet.” Kinsen smiles and moves to the counter to talk with the attendant. After a couple of words, she arranges for refreshments and a meal for Ryoko, herself, and Takako, if she would partake even from afar.

The Hantei named lady returns with a bottle and some cups. Popping the bottle, she serves the horned girl and leaves the bottle at the table. Indication one cannot serve oneself in indulgence.

Kinsen says, “I ordered some fried vegetables, and some pickled treats. I hope you enjoy.”

TN to be recognized is 0

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Fri May 22, 2020 11:50 am

"Oh... thank you."

She lifted the cup, sniffing it curiously.

"I hope you will try it too - it's no fun to drink alone."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat May 23, 2020 3:21 am

"I'll sure do." She nods. "But it is not proper to one serve oneself when indulging."

TN to be recognized is 0

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sat May 23, 2020 6:44 am

"It isn't?"

Ryoko seemed surprised, and then shrugged, pouring a cup and pushing it toward Kinsen.

"There, that should be ok, yes?"

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon May 25, 2020 1:54 am

“That is perfect, Ryoko-san. Thank you. Now,” she lifts the cup up and asks, “what are we drinking for. Anything special you would like to celebrate with a toast?”

TN to be recognized is 0

Return to “Pure River Brewery”