(D1, EE, Open) Beery Good

Nanzi

Re: (D1, EE, Open) Beery Good

Post by Nanzi » Wed May 20, 2020 3:31 am

Nanzi made a warding gesture and then looked to Jigutsuji. Jigutsuji gulped as he glanced in the direction of the hungry ghost and then back to the shaman.

He took a deep drink and then against his better judgment he asked, “Hungry gho… ghost? You are hunted by this creature but it also helps you?”
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace
Supporting Staff: Doji Jigutsuji, Nanzi Jongwun, Raven on shoulder

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed May 20, 2020 3:37 am

From where she was, Phi caught a bit of the conversation going on nearby. It was the 'go-ghost' thing that caught her attention. Her eyebrows climbed and she frowned, trying to decide if maybe this was a good time not to be in this strange place. Finally, a shake of her head. She wasn't afraid of any ghost.
Bayushi Umeno wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:44 pm
Umeno looked up with a curious look, followed by a sigh, then a resigned shrug. "No, I have not yet. I just got here I'll have you know. Sounds like you haven't either."

The woman paused, then motioned to the spot across from her. "You can join me if you want. I already ordered some, probably easy just to get a second on the way."
She looked in Miyako and the Bayushi's direction before approaching them, giving Haka a weird look and frowning. There was something ... odd about that one, wasn't there? Talking about spooks and spectres. Like any of them even bothered with her. Coming over towards Miyako, he gave her a nod and one to the Bayushi. "There room for one more?"
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Shoji Haka

Post by Shoji Haka » Wed May 20, 2020 3:39 am

"Oh, no," Haka says, shaking her head. "It is a terrible nuisance. I had not been keeping it fed while I traveled, and it... seized an opportunity."

She gestures to the straw dolls around her. "These keep it confused. Ghosts find it hard to tell humans from things that look like humans, so it keeps them distracted. Harder to do while traveling."

Haka regards them with confusion. "This one is surprised that so few people know these things. How are ghosts managed in Crane lands?"
Shoji Tribe • Shaman • Blind • Enlightened • Earth • Void • Haunted

Glory: 2.0

I gave you blood, blood, gallons of the stuff,
I gave you all that you can drink and it has never been enough

Miyako

Post by Miyako » Wed May 20, 2020 3:49 am

Phi wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 3:37 am
"There room for one more?"
"There is now," Miyako responded to Phi warmly and with a nod in return as she picks up her pack sitting at her side and scoots over to make room on her side of the table. "We were just getting introduced and starting to discuss the... whatever concoction this place is about to put in front of us that I have heard being talked about. I'm sure they'll bring another this way for you."
Chinsei Tribe * Hunter (Bushi) * Herbalist * Storyteller * Singer * Pleasant-Voiced * Sharp-Eyed? * Talkative! * Night Child
Status: 0.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: Normal / What is Expected

Speaking * Signing
Equipment: Light armor, sturdy clothing, wide-brimmed straw hat, straw cloak, yari, yumi, quiver, water and rations, traveling pack
Profile!

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Wed May 20, 2020 5:09 am

Shoji Haka wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 3:39 am
Haka regards them with confusion. "This one is surprised that so few people know these things. How are ghosts managed in Crane lands?"
“We do not tarry with the dead, we mourn them as is proper but we do not have so many ghosts that we have special need to protect ourselves,” Nanzi responded to the woman.

“Nanzi has sworn himself away from such things ever since he escaped the land of the dead.”

Jigutsuji agreed and said, “We simply try not to anger the dead or our ancestors and we honor them. Why do the dead haunt your people so?”
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace

Shoji Haka

Post by Shoji Haka » Wed May 20, 2020 5:14 am

"That is just what happens when a person dies. It is interesting if it does not affect your Crane as much." Haka thinks for a moment. "Perhaps it is due to how close the Shoji are to the world of the spirits. We guard the gate leading to the land of ghosts, and keep it closed so that others might live."

She looks in Nanzi's general direction. "Escaped the land of the dead? You have been to the Forest of Dreamers?"

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Wed May 20, 2020 5:26 am

Jigutsuji took a dream and glanced to Nanzi as the dark skinned man replied, “Nanzi was dead for many nights poisoned by a serpent in the deep sands but his soul did not find rest and lingered in the lands of the living. There they tempted him with sumptuous meals… but Nanzi was two times too clever, and his nana had warned him that one should never eat the food of the dead or one can never leave.”

“Nanzi found his way back to the lands of the living… but the journey was not without peril.”

Shoji Haka

Post by Shoji Haka » Wed May 20, 2020 5:42 am

Haka tilts her head a bit to one side. "And the wandering spirit... crawled back into its body? How did it stick?"

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Wed May 20, 2020 5:43 am

Miyako wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:04 pm
"I am Miyako of the Chinsei. Are you among those that are in the city for this expedition that has been called together? Looked like a lot of people running around today making their final preparations: markets have been as busy as I've seen them in days and people and lots moving in and out of the city proper getting things together," she observed as she waited to be served.
I was right, she's a mouth mover. Umeno had already vented her resignation, and Bayushi had gotten her more used to dealing with conversation besides. Her tone was still a touch rough though. "I was sent south by Lord Bayushi to join the expedition, yeah."
Miyako wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 3:49 am
Phi wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 3:37 am
"There room for one more?"
"There is now," Miyako responded to Phi warmly and with a nod in return as she picks up her pack sitting at her side and scoots over to make room on her side of the table. "We were just getting introduced and starting to discuss the... whatever concoction this place is about to put in front of us that I have heard being talked about. I'm sure they'll bring another this way for you."
Umeno paused and sucked in a small breath. Damn it. "Of course, have a seat. She's Miyako of the Chinsei, and I'm Bayushi Umeno."
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Former Kawagaya | Stand-Oafish | Blessed
Carries: Armor, Dai Tsuchi, Tetsubo, Tanto, Hat and Cloak, Pack

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Wed May 20, 2020 5:51 am

Shoji Haka wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 5:42 am
Haka tilts her head a bit to one side. "And the wandering spirit... crawled back into its body? How did it stick?"
"Nanzi is not sage of such things, among our people before we were Crane, we know that a Strong name can make one like Gods, perhaps little God?" Nanzi mused.

"Nanzi did not have so great a name though, perhaps it was destiny and the Fortunes saw fit to allow him more time to meet it?"

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed May 20, 2020 5:55 am

Phi took the invitation and flopped down with a grunt, nodding at the two of them. She stared over at Nanzi and Haka, along with his attendants, for just a second before putting it out of her mind. Is that girl blind?!? What in the hell are they thinking, dragging a blind girl talking about ... oh, she must be a shaman. Maybe she has a useful spell or two? Still, liability if I ever heard of one. Reiko's going to be enough trouble, and at least she has a bodyguard.

Oh... right. She was sitting with others, wasn't she? She relaxed back, and her eyes turned toward Umeno. "You may call me Phi." She nodded over at Miyako. They'd been introduced already, having run into each other several times in the process of the packing. Her eyes scanned Umeno up and down in a studious, slightly too intense way. "You are Scorpion." It wasn't a question. That was the only clan color she knew implicitly, considering where she lived.
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Wed May 20, 2020 6:03 am

"Makes sense," was her way of confirming Phi's statement. She didn't seem perturbed at all by the stare, and her own gaze went to Miyako. "Lots of Chinsei following Bayushi too y' know."

A pause. "No Hikaru I know of though," she noted with a glance at Phi.

Shoji Haka

Post by Shoji Haka » Wed May 20, 2020 6:04 am

Nanzi wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 5:51 am
"Nanzi is not sage of such things, among our people before we were Crane, we know that a Strong name can make one like Gods, perhaps little God?" Nanzi mused.

"Nanzi did not have so great a name though, perhaps it was destiny and the Fortunes saw fit to allow him more time to meet it?"
"It is a very good thing," she agrees. "Better if he can do it more than once."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed May 20, 2020 6:19 am

Bayushi Umeno wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:03 am
"Makes sense," was her way of confirming Phi's statement. She didn't seem perturbed at all by the stare, and her own gaze went to Miyako. "Lots of Chinsei following Bayushi too y' know."

A pause. "No Hikaru I know of though," she noted with a glance at Phi.
"Heard as much. Used to trade, once in a while." The Chinsei had been close enough to trade with at the edge of their forest and the highlands. Few opportunistic raids too, but trade was usually simpler. She nodded over at Umeno. "None I know of. Not exactly friendly neighbors, but no trouble so far." She looked over at one of the servers and beckoned them to ask for one of these wheat drinks.

"Have a bit in common. Like two cats hissing."

Miyako

Post by Miyako » Wed May 20, 2020 6:26 am

Miyako looked back at Umeno when her tribe was mentioned. "Indeed, many cousins do. Some do not," she responded, confirming to Phi that what she said was true as she looked over to her. "A fair assessment. Always heard that Hikaru knew much on matters of the hunt: from what I saw, that seems correct." She turned back to the Scorpion.

"You do not sound as if you were Chinsei, however. Nor Hikaru..."
Chinsei Tribe * Hunter (Bushi) * Herbalist * Storyteller * Singer * Pleasant-Voiced * Sharp-Eyed? * Talkative! * Night Child

Speaking * Signing
Equipment: Light armor, sturdy clothing, wide-brimmed straw hat, straw cloak, yari, yumi, quiver, water and rations, traveling pack
Profile!

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Wed May 20, 2020 8:03 am

She gave a soft shrug. "Was of the Kuwagaya tribe, before I joined Bayushi. I don't really think that means a lot though. Most of my people were merchants, artisans, or fisher people, and I was none of those."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed May 20, 2020 8:21 am

"Who you are still has meaning." She shrugged, glancing over at the other woman and looking her over again. She definitely looked nothing like any Kuwagaya she'd ever seen except maybe one of the tougher fishermen. But, hey, not everyone fit the mold like a glove did they? A nod over at Miyako. "We're good at surviving in the wilds. You learn how to get by when you pick the worst spots nobody else wants." And you got by longer by doing that because nobody wanted that land.

"What drew you to them?" that was definitely for Umeno, and the intensity of the curiosity increased again.

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Wed May 20, 2020 8:26 am

There was a large moment of silence before Umeno allowed herself a soft smirk. "...That's a good question. I suppose the easy answer is that he bested me at my own game. I may be self sufficient and insular, but I know when someone's outdone me. He's certainly more worthy to have me serve him than whomever the fool merchant was that was the Kuwagaya chief."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed May 20, 2020 8:32 am

"They are supposed to be gods. I imagine they have to be good at what they do." That alone didn't impress her. She expected Shinjo to be beautiful, swift as the wind itself and terrifying in battle. There had to be something else. But then, she'd said it. Hadn't she? Bested her at her own game. A cup was set down in front of Phi and she lifted it to sniff the stuff. Definitely not Kumis. Not sweet like Kumis. She wasn't sure what she thought of that.

"What is he like? I've heard stories."

Miyako

Post by Miyako » Wed May 20, 2020 8:37 am

The cups being set down cause Miyako to suddenly shake her head slightly, almost as if she had completely forgotten about the drinks that were coming their way. She nodded to the servant in thanks as they departed before wrapping her hands around the cup and looking down at what was inside. Strange color... odd smell... what was this? Hopefully it tasted better than it looked. She looked back up from her momentary distraction.

"You have met this Kami then? The same with me: my cousins that wear your colors now have had stories, and I am curious to know if what they say is true."

Speaking * Signing
Profile!

Return to “Pure River Brewery”