Final Farewells [D24, EE, expecting]

Jiyo Sora

Re: Final Farewells [D24, EE, expecting]

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:46 am

"There are others, although I think that my position has been... Misunderstood."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:37 am

"Oh? In what way? It sounded like you were trying, or perhaps hoping, to train people to be alone in each city or village, and watch for those that overreach. Appearing to bow to the whims of fate and power, but actually just preparing to slash back, as a bent willow branch eventually does."
Kyosei of the Isawa Tribe
Shugenja • Earth • Experienced • Jade

Glory 2 • Reputation 4 • Status 1
Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.
When out in the area outside the camps, Axe, shovel, bo staff.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:24 pm

"Let us say that those who follow my lead are to exercise... judgment- and to act alone only when all else has failed."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:38 pm

"mmm. My point is, even those most alone need something, someone else. Someone to keep lines of communication open. Someone to allow them to know, though their watch is inactive, there is nothing for them to watch that is wrong, there are others that will come if called. That though they are alone in person, they are not alone in spirit. I run a mine, I have told many this. But, almost as often as not, I am also down here, in your empire, leading or running trading caravans. Not even the Isawa can stand completely alone. You need a branch like that."

"Another area to think of is a safe point. A place, out of the way, where records, ones that should not be let out, but are totally accurate, are kept. A Secret Library, available only to a few. Because, no matter how sincere Shiba is, eventually his descendants will do things they don't want recorded. And it will need to be known, when the inevitable blowback occurs. And that is an area I might be able to help with, should you agree it might be a good idea."

Kyosei doesn't always show it - but he has a crisp mind, one that attacks problems from many directions. Partly it is his training. But a lot is his own way of thinking things through.

small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Jin

Post by Jin » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:21 pm

"Those are useful resources to have, and if we did not trust in you we would not have told you what we did. Just remember that forces open and hidden would seek to crush this if they knew so discretion is of the utmost importance."
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:25 pm

"We do try to make a point of not getting too... centralized."

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:33 pm

"That is a thought - have multiple fallbacks, and multiple libraries. One that is open, and known to most, and another known as a backup to higher ranking ones. And a third and fourth known only to a very few. Again, I was thinking. My mine - there are several open areas, that are mined out, and no longer used. Some things could be stored there, without much if any comment."

Jin

Post by Jin » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:02 pm

"I am certainly not averse with sharing copies of my records at least."
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:28 pm

"Given what my bunch may well get up to, having actual records of who's where and what's been authorized where they can be accessed certainly makes sense."

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:03 am

"I would agree to that. I would hope then, in the future that will be, you might also agree to support, in some way, the adding of the Isawa, when the Empire advances too far. When we must make a choice. Hmm?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:48 am

"Oh, I'm all for it. Have been for a while."

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:06 am

"Then, we appear to be in agreement. Now, do either of you wish to take the... odd obsidian arrowhead? Or should it, perhaps, be the first item held in the mine?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:40 am

"The, ah... spiritual dimensions of the arrowhead make it a bit dangerous to entrust to me. I might not recognize a mistake in handling it until it was too late."

Jin

Post by Jin » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:46 am

Jin grimaces at the mention of the object, "I think securely locked away somewhere is a good place for it if you truly believe it will be safe and untouched there."

Description

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:05 pm

"There is a cavern. Where I first spoke to the spirits. It is no higher than my body when I am lying down. And, somehow, it can't be changed - it is impervious to any tools we have, or have used. I think something like that might work..."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:56 pm

"Be advised, I may inform the Emperor that we've trusted the Tribe of Isawa with the safekeeping of dangerous materials. It may help guide his policy."

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:21 am

"And? It is, in the end, mine, not the Empires."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:40 am

"Merely a factor for him to weigh when making decisions."

Return to “Pure River Brewery”