We Nailed It! [Kinsen’s Q&A]

Hantei Kinsen

We Nailed It! [Kinsen’s Q&A]

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:04 pm

First of all, my enormous thanks to Birb, Underbirb and Tyrus. You have been amazing. My equally giant thanks to the whole gang, too. You’re the joy of my day.

I get really stressed out — as I believe many of you do, too — and being able to zone out and play a character helps me keep my on real life commitments and goals safe from any unecessary frustration.

Which means, please, accept my apologies if any of it spilt in my text or behavior during the game. The intention is always to create a fun momento with every other player, and then, drama.

Shoot away your questions!
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Jiyo Sora

Re: We Nailed It! [Kinsen’s Q&A]

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:08 pm

So, aside from producing a passel of babies, what's next for Kinsen?
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:14 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:08 pm
So, aside from producing a passel of babies, what's next for Kinsen?
I wanted a bit moar drama in the end. So I took advantage of the hit on the head to activate the amnesia card and some cray-cray Kinsen kept at bay.

In the hands of the GMs for a period, now.
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Reo

Post by Reo » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:16 pm

OK, I understand if this has to be a secret, but what the hell led to the threat against Reiko?

It seemed to come out of nowhere and a bunch of Spider players were shocked.
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan | Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade, 3 uses of jade dust

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:27 pm

Reo wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:16 pm
OK, I understand if this has to be a secret, but what the hell led to the threat against Reiko?

It seemed to come out of nowhere and a bunch of Spider players were shocked.
Not just Spider.
Seppun Dawei
Stag Clan * Bushi * Quiet * O-Iemoto * Experienced
Status 2.0, Glory 2.0, Reputation 4.5
In village: wears sturdy clothes; carries bronze sword, knife, often a piece of wood he's carving, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
Out of village: wears ashigaru armor; carries bronze sword, yumi, quiver of arrows, traveling pack, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
"Speaking" * Thinking
Description from Dawn 1 * Current Description
Player based in Kerrville, Texas

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:30 pm

Oh no, amnesia!?!?

I think Kinsen was the character that Chisei actually spent either the most or second most time with. Wasn't expecting it, but I think I like it! I really enjoyed how she'd changed from the first game.

Can you tell us a bit about those changes?

Tell us a bit about the marriage to Hantei?

Tell us a bit about some challenges she faced this game, and what she did with them?
Seppun * Former Isawa * Shugenja * Philosopher * Husbando
Carries: Scroll case, scrolls. Jade.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:30 pm

I didn’t know the perception was shocking at all.

Reasoning was simple. She offered friendship twice, but Reiko kept “badmouthing” her husband. Nearly making his whole sacrifice as if invalid. She got offended, and made her statement.

TN to be recognized is 0

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:54 pm

Yeah, it seemed pretty clear to me. Super gross, but clear!
Seppun * Former Isawa * Shugenja * Philosopher * Husbando
Carries: Scroll case, scrolls. Jade.

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:55 pm

People see things in different ways. It seemed very extreme to me (and very out of nowhere reaction), but players can play as they believe makes sense to them. I have no hard feelings OOC for how Kinsen played their character
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:05 pm

Seppun Chisei wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:30 pm
Oh no, amnesia!?!?
Up to the GMs, now.
Seppun Chisei wrote:
I think Kinsen was the character that Chisei actually spent either the most or second most time with. Wasn't expecting it, but I think I like it! I really enjoyed how she'd changed from the first game.
*high-fives*[/quote]
Seppun Chisei wrote:
Can you tell us a bit about those changes?
I tried to get much of that into this game. Dawn 1 Kinsen was still fidling with being proper and learning things around. This game was much more, try to always do the correct thing until she... snapped.[/quote]
Seppun Chisei wrote:
Tell us a bit about the marriage to Hantei?
Hantei gifted Kinsen an amazing scene of how I imagined she would be to her husband. Always trying to please him for her own guilty pleasure, perhaps?[/quote]
Seppun Chisei wrote:
Tell us a bit about some challenges she faced this game, and what she did with them?
Four challenges:

- Don't snap: Failed
She didn't rip of her choker, though.

- Get Hantei alive: Success
Yay!

- Check her relationship level: Success?
OOC I assumed Hantei + Kenshiro was still a thing, so that's why Kinsen went full honest about Umeno.

- Kick some ass: Failed
Tyrus made an amazing combat combo with the witch ad her minions. We definitely would lose that battle if it went on.

TN to be recognized is 0

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:06 pm

Reiko wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:55 pm
People see things in different ways. It seemed very extreme to me (and very out of nowhere reaction), but players can play as they believe makes sense to them. I have no hard feelings OOC for how Kinsen played their character
Definitely different perceptions. To me Reiko was being very ungrateful and disrespectful. Specially after the whole scene where she blatantly offended Hantei in front of everyone by leaving.

TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:03 am

Just so you know on the record, Umeno's going to keep writing Kinsen, even if it's starting fresh and keeping things honorable and proper. Kinsen'll always be Umeno's "tragic teenage crush" that she won't forget, even if it'll be all subtle, samurai expressions of such for the rest of her life. <3
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Former Kawagaya | Stand-Oafish | Blessed
Carries: Armor, Dai Tsuchi, Tetsubo, Tanto, Hat and Cloak, Pack

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:28 am

<3<3<3

Kinsen won’t record Umeno-chan!

The drama T_T

TN to be recognized is 0

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:28 am

Oh gosh, Kinsen. Caused Saruko so many headaches this trip. :lol:

How did this trip affect Kinsen's view on the other Kami-spouses and the Kami's close companions (like the daimyo)? She seemed to meet a lot of them at least. :)
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:20 am

When she recovers from the memory loss — not sure when, but possibly the next game when someone accuses her of being a cannibal — she would remind that:

- Saruko: oneechan
- Nanzi: oniichan
- Phi: not yet family (very suspicious of her)
- Wu: the other Dragon daimyo
- Jin: the another Dragon daimyo
- Reiko: wanted to ruin the big family unit by sowing discord and lack of trust (since Kinsen promised, she won’t provoke if left unprovoked).

TN to be recognized is 0

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:48 am

Shinsei is curious about two things.

1) Why so suspicious of Phi/Nozomi?

2) What exactly was so dangerous about bandaging him? XP
I am the GM that posts while you're at work, I am the plot line that freezes before day change, I am... The Underbirb!

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:57 pm

Bakuriel wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:48 am
*PTSD intensifies*
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Former Kawagaya | Stand-Oafish | Blessed
Carries: Armor, Dai Tsuchi, Tetsubo, Tanto, Hat and Cloak, Pack

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:00 pm

So, why grind down the jade and make it into nail polish? And why didn't the avatar change to show it? ;)

What did she think of Kyosei, beyond a source for the Jade?
Kyosei of the Isawa Tribe
Shugenja • Earth • Experienced • Jade

Glory 2 • Reputation 4 • Status 1
Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.
When out in the area outside the camps, Axe, shovel, bo staff.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:25 pm

Bakuriel wrote:
Shinsei is curious about two things.

1) Why so suspicious of Phi/Nozomi?
She's not married. Not yet approved.

Bakuriel wrote:
Let's say Kinsen admires... ahm... willpower.

>_>

<_<

TN to be recognized is 0

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:27 pm

Kyosei of the Isawa wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:00 pm
So, why grind down the jade and make it into nail polish? And why didn't the avatar change to show it? ;)
I forgot to do that. It would have been an awesome idea.
Kyosei of the Isawa wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:00 pm
What did she think of Kyosei, beyond a source for the Jade?
A fine example of a caring father and samurai. Loyal to his family and dutiful. Quite a role model, in fact.

TN to be recognized is 0

Return to “Q&A”