Hantei Kinsen

Re: We Nailed It! [Kinsen’s Q&A]

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:37 pm

Bayushi Umeno wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:57 pm
*PTSD intensifies*
T_T
<3<3<3
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:48 pm

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:25 pm
Bakuriel wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:48 am
Shinsei is curious about two things.

1) Why so suspicious of Phi/Nozomi?
She's not married. Not yet approved.
That tracks. *nods* While Kinsen comes off as very non-traditional in some ways, it's also very clear that she is actively attempting to fit herself and her conduct within the lens of Hantei's world-view, and attempting to put the world as she sees it through that same worldview.

On the one-hand, I highly doubt their relationship will improve in the next couple years. When it comes out that Nozomi is pregnant, and the rumor is spread that it was by one of the local guards protecting the caravan who died to a bog hag, and yet she continues to travel with Shinsei as his disciple and he continues to care for the child frequently out of a public sense of compassion for his student in need, I just don't see that as being something Kinsen will entirely approve of, though I'm curious if you had other thought.

Given the full length of the time skip, the fact that there is only ever one publicly known child that Nozomi has (Any other children the two have she bears in seclusion and has the Saru family's help in protecting/caring for. It's harder to avoid that her eldest is clearly known to be her child, so they travel with her, though she'd try her best to be a good mother when she can.) and that she continues to follow quite demonstrably as a disciple of Shinsei and a founder of an order of fellow disciples of his early teachings and the memory of Taochusu, I can imagine that in time the simmer between them will probably eventually cool. Nozomi is clearly loyal to him, but within a year or two, she's not acting like a prideful, infatuated girl anymore.

Still. I am not sure how the two's interactions would go further down the line. Because she's the spouse of a kami, do you have the ability to reprise her going forward, or will this be Kinsen's last hurrah and another rise up in her stead next game?
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:55 pm

Yeah, family is something Kinsen has at a higher value than any other thing. Even before the kami, but much more reinforced after being taught by them. So, she would definitely frown at Shinsei and Nozomi relationship and wandering around like hobos.
Nozomi wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:48 pm
do you have the ability to reprise her going forward, or will this be Kinsen's last hurrah and another rise up in her stead next game?
Not sure. It all depends on whatever Mighty Birb comes up with next.
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:01 pm

*laughs* Yeah. The whole itinerant monastic life definitely gives off a bit of a 'hobo' feel. I can't see it as being a thing that Kinsen ever fully understands.

If she makes an appearance post-timeskip, I would be interested to see their interactions: Probably 15 years older, both very much fully adult with either grown or growing children of their own, and fairly deep into the goals each came to have from their former lives. I'd be curious if they would be able to talk much when both were at a point of maturity.
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:10 pm

Planning on continuing to study with Dawei?
Seppun Dawei
Stag Clan * Bushi * Quiet * O-Iemoto * Experienced
Status 2.0, Glory 2.0, Reputation 4.5
In village: wears sturdy clothes; carries bronze sword, knife, often a piece of wood he's carving, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
Out of village: wears ashigaru armor; carries bronze sword, yumi, quiver of arrows, traveling pack, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
"Speaking" * Thinking
Description from Dawn 1 * Current Description
Player based in Kerrville, Texas

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:15 pm

Nozomi wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:01 pm
*laughs* Yeah. The whole itinerant monastic life definitely gives off a bit of a 'hobo' feel. I can't see it as being a thing that Kinsen ever fully understands.

If she makes an appearance post-timeskip, I would be interested to see their interactions: Probably 15 years older, both very much fully adult with either grown or growing children of their own, and fairly deep into the goals each came to have from their former lives. I'd be curious if they would be able to talk much when both were at a point of maturity.
Kinsen will keep her young looks, though. Getting old is only fun for the XP. People will always say she eats the hearts of pretty young maidens to be so young for so long.
Seppun Dawei wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:10 pm
Planning on continuing to study with Dawei?
So. I am unsure... Probably best if she avoids hiding, though. It triggers something... odd.

>_>
<_<

TN to be recognized is 0

Return to “Q&A”