Bride of Fu Leng

Reiko

Bride of Fu Leng

Post by Reiko » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:48 pm

Guess I'll join in. Reiko won't be back, so I can answer most questions
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Jiyo Sora

Re: Bride of Fu Leng

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:49 pm

I really wish I'd gotten more threads with Reiko, given Sora's sense of indebtedness to her...

Anyone you wish you'd managed more threads with?
Favorite event?
What's next for Mother Spider?
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Jin

Post by Jin » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:54 pm

What finally shifted Reiko's stance on Name magic?
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:59 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:49 pm
I really wish I'd gotten more threads with Reiko, given Sora's sense of indebtedness to her...

I had very few threads throughout the game as I struggled with things in RL and ingame. Just assume there was meetings around the place :)
Jiyo Sora wrote:
Anyone you wish you'd managed more threads with?
Nearly everyone
Jiyo Sora wrote:
Favorite event?
The scaling TN events were all really cool
Jiyo Sora wrote:
What's next for Mother Spider?
Building the clan, having children and helping people. That's what she does best
Jin wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:54 pm
What finally shifted Reiko's stance on Name magic?
Nothing did, I just relented as I didn't really feel like I had a choice. It baffled Reiko that everyone just took this at face value and didn't even question what they could do. If they can use a name to close a portal, they could use a name to do so many other things. In the end it didn't matter I guess though.
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Reo

Post by Reo » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:34 pm

Just wanted to say that Reiko was a big reason why Reo went to Spider, after going into the game with me thinking he might go Scorpion or Unicorn. I remember being gobsmacked when she pretty much just handed over 2 fingers of jade to this random guy, and that level of care and acceptance really started to crack Reo's shell
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan | Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade, 3 uses of jade dust

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:10 pm

Reo wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:34 pm
Just wanted to say that Reiko was a big reason why Reo went to Spider, after going into the game with me thinking he might go Scorpion or Unicorn. I remember being gobsmacked when she pretty much just handed over 2 fingers of jade to this random guy, and that level of care and acceptance really started to crack Reo's shell
I'm glad :) Reiko cares for all her kin, and she's just a caring person in general. It takes a lot for her to dislike someone (you basically have to threaten her life :lol: )

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:58 pm

Reiko wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:48 pm
Guess I'll join in. Reiko won't be back, so I can answer most questions
So, I just thought I'd zip in here and say thank you for the pre-game developments with these two. I kind of ran with them pretty hard, and it helped a lot in establishing Phi (later Nozomi) and her motivations coming down... not to mention the fact that her knowing to bring jade is why she's not tainted to this day, because at least one of those rolls was very close.

I wanted to specifically say that, while Reiko had a great deal of trouble handling the desperation of the plan and fully trusting Hantei (both, I thought, fairy logical IC concerns. It was a lot to take, and the situation didn't provide alternative routes. With so much at stake, no character likes going down an unknown path towards a dangerous, potentially failing plan they've dedicated much of their life to), I found how she coped and knuckled down despite her misgivings to be a good, positive note for the character.

Does the fact that Hantei risked his life to bring her husband back help her to make peace with the troubled elements in their relationship going forward, in your opinion?
Are you planning to have her go fully blind from the visions of Jigoku as you'd hinted in the past?
Does this feel like a mostly satisfying book end for her rather complex storyline since Dawn 1, to see her husband and love rescued and be able to finally have the family she's dreamed of for five years?

And since we're chatting, I'll ask one of my least favorite Q&A questions (mostly because I like to think I can gauge these things in RP somewhat). Did Reiko have any feelings about the random tribesperson who followed down out of the mountains to help save Fu Leng?
I'm also a tiny bit curious what her thoughts were on Shinsei.
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:43 pm

Seconding many of Nozomi's questions. :D

And Saruko genuinely tried to make the best of it for Reiko's marriage ceremony! I guess it wasn't exactly the dream wedding she imagined?

How will the events of this game influence Reiko's viewpoints going forward with FuFu and in relation to the other clans?
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Jin

Post by Jin » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:46 pm

So any slight disappointment at not ending up the Demon Bride?
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:39 am

No questions. I loved all of our scenes together <3
Spider Clan | Reiko's Shadow | Wary | Warrior
Carries: Tetsubo, Bronze Sword, Practical Clothing, Bottle of Wine, Bottle of Beer

Return to “Q&A”