Last Son of the Chusu (Taochusu)

Taochusu

Last Son of the Chusu (Taochusu)

Post by Taochusu » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:56 pm

I died. And I didn't get better. Yes, he had a spoon, and no he did not like using it. They're too small and impede the intake of food.

Taochusu
School/Rank: N/A
Insight: 136 = 120 + 16
XP: 0 = 110 + 25 - 104 - 27 - 14 + 10

Glory: 1.0

Rings (104)
Earth 3
-Stamina 3 (12)
-Willpower 3 (12)

Water 3
-Strength 4 (28)
-Perception 3 (12)

Fire 2
-Agility 4 (28)
-Intelligence 2

Air 2
-Reflexes 3 (12)
-Awareness 2

Void 2

Skills (* are school skills/emphasis): (27)
Athletics 1
Hunting 2
Kyujutsu (Yumi) 2
Stealth 1
Heavy Weapons (Dai Tsuchi) 3
Investigation 2
Craft: Bowyer 1
Craft: Cooking 1
Craft: Woodworking 1
Perform: Guqin 2
Jiujutsu 1

Advantages: (14)

Great Potential: Heavy Weapons [Physical] (5)
Within you lies the potential to excel at one particular endeavor, perhaps more so than any other living soul in the Empire. Select any one Skill when you purchase this Advantage. When you make Raises on a Skill Roll using that Skill, your Raises are limited by your rank in that Skill instead of your Void Ring. If your Void Ring is higher, however, you may use that as a measure for your Raises if you so choose.

Large [Physical] (4)
You are signifi cantly larger than the average Rokugani, ranging in height from 6’0” to 6’3” in height. You gain a bonus of +1k0 to the total of all Damage Rolls for any large melee weapon.

Inheritance: Guqin [Material] (5)
When you received your gempukku ceremony, your family honored you with an heirloom of your ancestors. It is among your most precious possessions, and you would die before you allowed it to be harmed or brought dishonor to it. You possess one item in addition to the normal starting equipment provided by your School. Whenever you make a Skill Roll using this item, such as a Perform: Biwa roll with a biwa, a Games: Go roll with a go set, or a Kenjutsu roll with a katana, you gain a bonus of +1k1 to the roll. This bonus does not apply to any attack or damage rolls, only Skill Rolls made for non-combat purposes (rolls made outside of a skirmish).

Disadvantages: (10)

Gullible [Mental] (4)
Your trust is given easily and you place tremendous faith in those whom you trust, unfortunately making it very simple for others to take advantage of your naïve nature. Opponents attempting to use Sincerity (Deceit) against you gain a bonus of +1k1 to the total of their rolls.

Social Disadvantage [Social] (3)
You have slipped from your position within the Celestial Order, and your place in society refl ects that. You begin with Status Rank 0.

Techniques:

N/A

Equipment:

Light Armor
Tattered Clothing
Dai Tsuchi
Yumi
20 willow leaf arrows
Inherited Guqin
Traveling Pack
- Bottle of Water
- Bowyer's kit
- Flint and tinder
- Hatchet
- Pot, bronze
- Quiver
- Rope
- Small knife
- Traveling bag
- Spoon

- 1 Finger of Jade
- 30 arrows
- Bat mask
- Karasu feather

----

Initiative roll: 4k3

Primary Weapon: Dai Tsuchi
Roll to attack: 7k4 w/ emphasis
Damage: 10k2

Secondary Weapon: Yumi
Roll to attack: 5k3 w/ emphasis
Damage: 5k2 willow leaf

Armor: Light Armor
Reduction: 3
TN to be hit: 25 --> 20 (Ref) + 5 (Light Armor)
Wanderer • Large

Carries: light armor, dai tsuchi, guqin, yumi & arrows, small knife, hatchet, jade finger

Kyosei of the Isawa

Re: Last Son of the Chusu (Taochusu)

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:29 pm

Wow. True Ronin. Did not see that coming.
Kyosei of the Isawa Tribe
Shugenja • Earth • Experienced • Jade

Glory 2 • Reputation 4 • Status 1
Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.
When out in the area outside the camps, Axe, shovel, bo staff.

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:43 pm

Yeah. 90% of what he learned was gained through the pain of experience. He was literally on his own since he was 12. Nobody taught him anything close to a technique.
Wanderer • Large

Carries: light armor, dai tsuchi, guqin, yumi & arrows, small knife, hatchet, jade finger

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:48 pm

Makes sense for his story, and I was sad to read his passing. He was a guy that Kyosei liked. I tried to sound him out about becoming an Isawa, but the clues indicated he wasn't willing, and Kyosei could respect his reasons.
Kyosei of the Isawa Tribe
Shugenja • Earth • Experienced • Jade

Glory 2 • Reputation 4 • Status 1
Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.
When out in the area outside the camps, Axe, shovel, bo staff.

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:57 pm

I am sorry to hear of his passing. I really enjoyed interacting with him.
Ryoshun Family* Artisan * Cursed!
Status - 1.0, Reputation - What is Expected, Glory - 3.5
Wears/Carries:
Light Armor, Sturdy Clothing, tanto, yari, whetstone, Blacksmith's hammer, inherited carving knife, 8 shark teeth

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:44 pm

Was there anyone on the expedition that he didn't particularly like? he seemed to get along with just about everyone.
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:41 pm

He always wanted more people around, desperately. He didn't like certain situations but there weren't any people he disliked. A brief tense moment with Nanzi in the swamp mostly because he was being terse for the purpose of getting folks out of the swamp. And he didn't like the idea that Shinsei turned him down for the mission because he had spent most of his life alone. Didn't make him dislike Shinsei, but it made him question him. But for the most part he wanted folks to talk to.
Wanderer • Large

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:18 pm

I always like seeing your characters, and Taochusu seemed fun!

Tell us a little about his legacy! You're contributing to the Brotherhood?
Seppun * Former Isawa * Shugenja * Philosopher * Husbando
Carries: Scroll case, scrolls. Jade.

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:49 pm

Taochusu's story is going to be part of initial rhetoric for the Brotherhood. About being willing to give everything for the good of others. The goal will be revealed eventually if approved, but it would have a somewhat shaping effect on the Brotherhood in their early ways. Basically turns his contribution into a parable for use by the first organized order. It seemed like the most appropriate way to use his goal points with his death.
Wanderer • Large

Miyako

Post by Miyako » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:54 pm

I'm sad we didn't get a chance to put on any more duets after we first met each other, but it was fun running into you from time to time throughout the journey! :)
Chinsei Tribe * Hunter (Bushi) * Herbalist * Storyteller * Singer * Pleasant-Voiced * Sharp-Eyed? * Talkative! * Night Child
Status: 0.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: Normal / What is Expected

Speaking * Signing
Equipment: Light armor, sturdy clothing, wide-brimmed straw hat, straw cloak, yari, yumi, quiver, water and rations, traveling pack
Profile!

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:07 am

As far as I am concerned, Taochusu was a member of the Bat, accepted by Ryoshun before being sent into his next life.
Stranger ~ Shugenja ~ Water ~ Archer ~ Hunter ~ Healer ~ Spirit Talker ~ Small ~ Wary ~ Ennui
Glory 2 ~ Reputation 4 ~ Status 1

Carries: Yumi, Arrows, Aiguchi, Lantern, Water, Medicine Kit, Jade (4/7)

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:08 am

Taochusu's a man who proves the plain and simple fact: Techniques are good but sometimes all you need is raw guts. He was a tough sunnuva python. And I'm glad we got the scenes together.

I'm curious. Did anything inspire you in creating him?
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:15 am

There was no real specific inspiration for him, but a general enjoyment of the player for Youtube videos on primitive survival skills, strongman competitions, and guqin music. The guqin stuff was a change I made the day before submission because I wanted to add some basic level of cultural competence so he wasn't just a freight train. So I added more detail about his love for his mother and made it her legacy in him.
Wanderer • Large

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:07 am

Tao... :cry: *salutes*

I know Kinsen seemed very keen on recruiting Taochusu for the Stag, from what I see. Would Taochusu have accepted that offer?
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:48 am

I was planning on going Bat, but he could have been convinced otherwise easily. He was gullible so swaying him wouldn't have been too difficult.
Wanderer • Large

Return to “Q&A”