Worst. Kolat. Ever. Jiyo Sora Q& A

Jiyo Sora

Worst. Kolat. Ever. Jiyo Sora Q& A

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:33 am

So, Sora wore his heart on his sleeve a fair bit, but it was neat seeing who he'd become since that insanely difficult man at the tournament joined the Imperial Families, and I like disclosure where possible.

Any questions, I'll at least field the idea of answering them, but here's a thing I didn't do on purpose, but figured out: He's marrying someone who will absolutely cement his status as Not Your Grandpa's Kolat.
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Noriaki no Yamadono

Re: Worst. Kolat. Ever. Jiyo Sora Q& A

Post by Noriaki no Yamadono » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:35 am

Fellow member of the ineffectual Dawn 1 Bushi Club! Biggest surprise for you?
Spider Clan | Bushi | Large AF | Blessed by Bishamon and Earth
Carries: Bronze Tetsubo | Fur lined hat and cloak | Bronze Sword | Travelling Pack | Shakuhachi
Accompanied by: Matsu

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:37 am

All those Stamina XP that were nothing but dead weight in Dawn 1 making his Descent rolls a cakewalk :lol:
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:40 am

I very much enjoyed RPing with Sora, glad he got a chance to shine even if it was literally going into hell to yeet out Satan.
Crab • Seidou • Niece of the Daimyo • Surprisingly Literate • A Little Awkward
• Here To Help • Front Line Combatant • Recorder Of History

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:42 am

He had a MUCH better game in terms of achieving things than he did in Dawn 1

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:44 am

*raises fist in solidarity*

Always a pleasure seeing you work!
Seppun Dawei
Stag Clan * Bushi * Quiet * O-Iemoto * Experienced
Status 2.0, Glory 2.0, Reputation 4.5
In village: wears sturdy clothes; carries bronze sword, knife, often a piece of wood he's carving, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
Out of village: wears ashigaru armor; carries bronze sword, yumi, quiver of arrows, traveling pack, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
"Speaking" * Thinking
Description from Dawn 1 * Current Description
Player based in Kerrville, Texas

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:45 am

Likewise! Ready for the next round of Naishou?

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:46 am

Very much enjoyed threads with Sora, what made him so receptive to the plight of the Takemori tribe's horned emissary?
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.
Profile :: Themes

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:48 am

Ongaku no Ryoko wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:46 am
Very much enjoyed threads with Sora, what made him so receptive to the plight of the Takemori tribe's horned emissary?
Put bluntly, her fears for her people are exactly the sort of concerns that led him to join the proto-kolat- people who live the way they do for a reason, afraid of having their entire way of life destroyed by colonial imperialism. Her situation is literally what his job as Kolat liaison to the throne is for.

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:52 am

Another Kolat that Kyosei never knew of, so couldn't join the group. Sorry for not enough threads.
Kyosei of the Isawa Tribe
Shugenja • Earth • Experienced • Jade

Glory 2 • Reputation 4 • Status 1
Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.
When out in the area outside the camps, Axe, shovel, bo staff.

Jin

Post by Jin » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:54 am

So has Sora ever actually had any in-character visions of Jin that I missed?

Other than that no questions just always great to play with you and off of you. I think Sora is one of the only people Jin isn't too awkward around.
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:56 am

Kyosei of the Isawa wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:52 am
Another Kolat that Kyosei never knew of, so couldn't join the group. Sorry for not enough threads.
S'all good, Sora likes Kyosei a lot- although, like Wu, he's a guy who seems to be doing the right thing on his own, so recruiting him didn't seem to be a priority :lol:
Jin wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:54 am
So has Sora ever actually had any in-character visions of Jin that I missed?

Other than that no questions just always great to play with you and off of you. I think Sora is one of the only people Jin isn't too awkward around.
No visions of Jin at all- I tried not to lean on the oracular lever too much, though.

And yeah, Sora and Jin's unlikely camaraderie is a lot of fun to play out.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:59 am

I wanted to say "The last ride of the Hikaru" stuff that we had going with Koyama was some of the highlights of the game. It was great to play with the stuff you and Kannon did for the Hikaru's backstory, and I wanted to thank you, because that stuff helped me solidify the choice to go Hikaru with Phi.

So, will Sora be retiring at this point, or will you be reprising him in the future as a much older fellow?
Anything that really surprised you this time around?
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:19 am

It was neat seeing who he'd become since Dawn 1! Well done on the interesting and well-thought development.

Sorry specifically for not keeping up our thread. I've just been struggling this game.

Tell us a little bit more about this marriage that's happening... to you? Is that the right word? How'd that happen, and what's it likely to be like?
Seppun * Former Isawa * Shugenja * Philosopher * Husbando
Carries: Scroll case, scrolls. Jade.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:33 pm

Seppun Chisei wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:19 am
Tell us a little bit more about this marriage that's happening... to you? Is that the right word? How'd that happen, and what's it likely to be like?
Okay, buckle up...
I strongly believe that plan A was for Kinyoubi (who I named) to just be someone on the expedition, a servant NPC as a reward for bog hag rescue times.

I had Sora hung up a bit on Jiyo... But not like a grand passion. I generally called it a "mild crush," and there was some PM banter about Kinyoubi trying to get Sora interested in her, and I left the possibility open for someone else to come along.

Catch there was that he wasn't around for a lot of the quieter threads she was in, and he doesn't really think of himself as someone women are interested in (his eye made him a social pariah among the Hikaru, and his social ineptitude in the last game, coupled with his strong stance on issues, meant that he neither tried to get anywhere with anyone, nor set up any sexual tension)- in his entire life, he's been kissed by an adult human being twice- both times by Yozora, who he liked well enough, but who didn't seem genuinely interested in him that way.

So no subtle hints ever had a chance to get through to him because he wouldn't have believed them if he'd been in a position to notice, which led to her hitting him over the head with her proposal. He was a bit cautious about the idea at first, but, well, an insanely beautiful woman who wants what he wants, and wants to be his partner in the grand library scheme? He's a bit oblivious to romance and a bit driven, but he's a basically healthy 26 year old heterosexual male.

Now, as the evidence is there to see, Kinyoubi is not just some absurdly pretty scribe who happened to tag along on the road to Jigoku- she's a fair bit more than that, and Sora's library project is near and dear to her heart.

What's the marriage likely to be like? Fortunate.

Phi wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:59 am
I wanted to say "The last ride of the Hikaru" stuff that we had going with Koyama was some of the highlights of the game. It was great to play with the stuff you and Kannon did for the Hikaru's backstory, and I wanted to thank you, because that stuff helped me solidify the choice to go Hikaru with Phi.

So, will Sora be retiring at this point, or will you be reprising him in the future as a much older fellow?
Anything that really surprised you this time around?
I also loved Team Hikaru.

I plan on using him again if it makes sense for the game presented, if only to pay off his story a little bit.

Surprises?
Orokos shitting on my good dice pools and smiling on some of my bad ones is the glib answer, but... Seeing him turn out to be a genuine hero, and a basically good human being was a curveball. And the number of times he tried to play peacemaker/diplomat was a serious shocker.
Last edited by Jiyo Sora on Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ch’chit T’kkiri

Post by Ch’chit T’kkiri » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:37 pm

Jiyo hubby-robbed again; this time by a girl.

Enjoyed Sora around again. Was glad to have one relatable human running around.
Ratling | Never Lost | Disturbing Countenance | Painful Bite | Fearless | Favorite Pup
Niche: 4.5 | Chieftain Class
Description
Possessions: Spiked Big Stick (Tetsubo), Yumi, Sturdy Clothes, Light Armor, Traveling Pack

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:42 pm

Ch’chit T’kkiri wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:37 pm
Jiyo hubby-robbed again; this time by a girl.
Blame the GM staff! :lol:
Enjoyed Sora around again. Was glad to have one relatable human running around.
I think the Nezumi appealed to Sora's best instincts- a great people brought low through no fault of their own. The slavery thing kind of bugged him, but he saw a shot at a future without it-on either side- and figured he could meet the rat-rats halfway.

Plus, he honestly appreciated that Ch'chit didn't mince words with him. It felt like respect, and he responded in kind.

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:16 pm

OOC when did you figure out what's up with Kinyôbi? XP
I am the GM that posts while you're at work, I am the plot line that freezes before day change, I am... The Underbirb!

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:35 pm

Bakuriel wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:16 pm
OOC when did you figure out what's up with Kinyôbi? XP
It hit in three stages.

1. I knew something was up when Birb asked to run her instead of having her be a sock puppet- so basically, the day she turned up. Plus, she never got edited into my sheet as a Servant/Retainer advantage, whereas other advantages and disads popped up right quick.

2. I gathered an inkling from her bit in threads Sora was nowhere near- the places she popped up when not seconded to Sora were... indicative.

3. The deal was sealed, however, with her reaction to Sora's comment on the power disparity in their relationship.

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:44 pm

Sempai!

But seriously, what did you think of the light sempai/kohai relationship between Sora and Ayumu? This was pretty much a day zero throw-in, and we've both rolled with it, but I don't think we ever actually discussed it.

On Kinyôbi, according to my PM history, the jig had been up for at least one week... But from my point of view, something was clearly afoot since the very start. Her interactions with Shinsei reeked of private jokes. Though I wasn't exactly sure if wasn't something 100% meta at first, as it happened during the beach episode day.
Imperial | Former Isawa | Bushi | Artisan | Skeletal
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: What Is Expected | Description

Return to “Q&A”