Worst. Kolat. Ever. Jiyo Sora Q& A

Jiyo Sora

Re: Worst. Kolat. Ever. Jiyo Sora Q& A

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:50 pm

Jiyo Ayumu wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:44 pm
But seriously, what did you think of the light sempai/kohai relationship between Sora and Ayumu? This was pretty much a day zero throw-in, and we've both rolled with it, but I don't think we ever actually discussed it.
It made sense to me- Ayumu's a younger Jiyo on the same mission, it made sense he'd be someone Sora had worked with, and it fit Sora's pattern of getting along well with Isawa and former Isawa. I kinda wish we'd gotten into a combat together, even if Ayumu was of a higher Insight Rank than Sora :lol:
On Kinyôbi, according to my PM history, the jig had been up for at least one week... But from my point of view, something was clearly afoot since the very start. Her interactions with Shinsei reeked of private jokes. Though I wasn't exactly sure if wasn't something 100% meta at first, as it happened during the beach episode day.
Want to know the funny part? You almost ended up with Fukurokujin's blessing too, apparently :lol:
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:01 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:50 pm

Want to know the funny part? You almost ended up with Fukurokujin's blessing too, apparently :lol:

Is that a bait for one of Ryoko's "lewd!" reaction pics?
Imperial | Former Isawa | Bushi | Artisan | Skeletal
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: What Is Expected | Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:02 pm

Jiyo Ayumu wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:01 pm

Is that a bait for one of Ryoko's "lewd!" reaction pics?
Not as such. Just saying. Shouldn't have grilled her about her claims to being an Isawa :lol:
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:31 pm

What was the deal with Kinyoubi?
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace
Supporting Staff: Doji Jigutsuji, Nanzi Jongwun, Raven on shoulder

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:35 pm

Nanzi wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:31 pm
What was the deal with Kinyoubi?
She's an incarnation of Fukurokujin.

IC, Sora has no friggin' clue.

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:40 pm

I think IC Ayumu might have doubts, due to him having Lore: Theology, and being an Isawa, and having witnessed strange behavior from Kinyoubi several times, and maybe noticing that she may never eat or something like that...

But I'm not sure he would tell anything to Sora even if he knew. Not his role in the great scheme of things.

Yes, I'm using that "Enlightened" on my character sheet as an excuse for any weird behavior from Ayumu, and you cannot stop me!
Imperial | Former Isawa | Bushi | Artisan | Skeletal
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: What Is Expected | Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:45 pm

Shinsei commented that he wondered where she got all the parchment she used for her note-taking.

Sora's response was basically, "I know she's more than she seems, but that's not really my problem" :lol:

I do think he'll try to puzzle it out as far as he can without badgering her with probing questions, but even if he does figure it out, it's debatable how much it would change things for him.

Shinjo Koyama

Post by Shinjo Koyama » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:20 pm

My theory: gods dig tsundere. The more you are contrarian and defiant on their divine rights, the greater hawts they have for you.

This game wouldn't be the same for me without Sora and Phi. The Hikaru camaraderie was my identity lifeline here. And Sora is larger than life, so being a buddy of him always yields good things. You're the hero of the joke "Antisocial people can't be social stars" Sora: "Hold my beer."
Once known as Kozan of the Hikaru

Ki-Rin Clan ʭ Highlander ʭ Dragonborn ʭ Froward ʭ Frank ʭ Fierce ʭ Focused
Status: Shinjo's Guidman Glory: Bairn of the Earth Repute: 'Freedom!'

hatchet, spear, studded club, leather-and-bone armour, bear hide cloak
beer skin, dice, xun, cowrie shell strings

Xiao Bao, the sarcastic raccoon dog

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:24 am

Shinjo Koyama wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:20 pm
My theory: gods dig tsundere. The more you are contrarian and defiant on their divine rights, the greater hawts they have for you.

This game wouldn't be the same for me without Sora and Phi. The Hikaru camaraderie was my identity lifeline here. And Sora is larger than life, so being a buddy of him always yields good things. You're the hero of the joke "Antisocial people can't be social stars" Sora: "Hold my beer."
I definitely loved having Koyama as his drinking buddy, and yeah,, Team Hikaru, where... even in the most fucked-up, terrible situations around, they were so relaxed around each other.

Speaking of Antisocial, I bought it off at the end of the last game :lol: And it made sense in his character development.

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:05 am

Stop by Scorpion lands anytime old man. Drinks'll be on me!
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Former Kawagaya | Stand-Oafish | Blessed
Carries: Armor, Dai Tsuchi, Tetsubo, Tanto, Hat and Cloak, Pack

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:27 am

Bayushi Umeno wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:05 am
Stop by Scorpion lands anytime old man. Drinks'll be on me!
Count on it! Got to put the local branch of the library up somewhere, after all.

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:21 am

Ah Sora.

Thanks for all the scenes. Much fun this time too! <3

These two were such unlikely friends in Dawn 1, and by the end of this game, I'd say he's probably her best friend outside of the Clan (not counting previous Ayakashi folks, but they're almost more family!). :lol:

Did he ever use his ocular powers on Saruko? Did he ever want to?
Chances of seeing Sora again in Dawn 3?
Would he pay a visit to Dragon lands to see the kiddos? :D
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:55 pm

Togashi Saruko wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:21 am
Ah Sora.

Thanks for all the scenes. Much fun this time too! <3

These two were such unlikely friends in Dawn 1, and by the end of this game, I'd say he's probably her best friend outside of the Clan (not counting previous Ayakashi folks, but they're almost more family!). :lol:
Say one thing for Sora, he's loyal- especially to someone who befriended him when he wasn't too worthy of friendship in his own estimation.
Did he ever use his ocular powers on Saruko? Did he ever want to?
No and no. He's actually not wild about using his eye on his friends, because it seldom shows him nice things.
Chances of seeing Sora again in Dawn 3?
Very high. He's an interesting guy to play, and I don't feel like his story is told yet.
Would he pay a visit to Dragon lands to see the kiddos? :D
Just try and stop him.

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:50 pm

He's also got a standing invite to Kyosei's mine and home.
Kyosei of the Isawa Tribe
Shugenja • Earth • Experienced • Jade

Glory 2 • Reputation 4 • Status 1
Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.
When out in the area outside the camps, Axe, shovel, bo staff.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:58 pm

Kyosei of the Isawa wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:50 pm
He's also got a standing invite to Kyosei's mine and home.
That.... seems quite likely, especially given the fact that Sora has gotten along with the Isawa he has met so far.

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:21 pm

We went to hell together. You'd be welcome, certainly.
Seppun Dawei
Stag Clan * Bushi * Quiet * O-Iemoto * Experienced
Status 2.0, Glory 2.0, Reputation 4.5
In village: wears sturdy clothes; carries bronze sword, knife, often a piece of wood he's carving, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
Out of village: wears ashigaru armor; carries bronze sword, yumi, quiver of arrows, traveling pack, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
"Speaking" * Thinking
Description from Dawn 1 * Current Description
Player based in Kerrville, Texas

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:26 pm

"And how did Sora spend the next decade?"

"Couch-surfing from one friend to the next, while his poor wife did all the work of getting the libraries up and running. Guy's a dick."

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:27 pm

You'd at least be able to claim "picking up parts for the library" with mine... :lol:
Seppun Dawei
Stag Clan * Bushi * Quiet * O-Iemoto * Experienced
Status 2.0, Glory 2.0, Reputation 4.5
In village: wears sturdy clothes; carries bronze sword, knife, often a piece of wood he's carving, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
Out of village: wears ashigaru armor; carries bronze sword, yumi, quiver of arrows, traveling pack, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
"Speaking" * Thinking
Description from Dawn 1 * Current Description
Player based in Kerrville, Texas

Return to “Q&A”