Tattooed Sane Fellow (Nadare Q&A)

Togashi Nadare

Tattooed Sane Fellow (Nadare Q&A)

Post by Togashi Nadare » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:24 am

I'm glad I stuck with it and got to be more involved towards the end. RL was mad so it was hard to get into. Persistence paid off though and I had a lot of fun even though I only interacted with about 10 characters ;)

Any questions, great. No worries if not. I'll probably play him again now I have a better idea of what he's all about!
Dragon ClanEarthTattooed • Herbalist • Sane • Enlightened
Samurai Without Borders (Co-founder)
Tattoos: Lion (Chest); Balance (Back)
Equipment: Yumi, knife, sturdy clothing, travel pack.

Nozomi

Re: Tattooed Sane Fellow (Nadare Q&A)

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:39 am

So, first of all, I'm sorry I missed the chance to hit Nadare up because he looked like he was an interesting one. Just different angles and activities sadly.

I'm curious: WHY SANE? So specific. Why was he "Sane?"
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:41 am

Only Dragon this game Sora didn't interact with. Are you as bummed out by that as I am?
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Togashi Nadare

Post by Togashi Nadare » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:47 am

Phi wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:39 am
So, first of all, I'm sorry I missed the chance to hit Nadare up because he looked like he was an interesting one. Just different angles and activities sadly.

I'm curious: WHY SANE? So specific. Why was he "Sane?"
8-)

I imagined that being tattooed with a Kami's blood would probably drive most people insane, and Ise zumi always seem to be the most likely to be crazy (tattooed madman for example). Also he has LMC but it didn't trigger :P I almost gave him Enlightened Madness but decided to stick with Lord Moon.

Togashi Nadare

Post by Togashi Nadare » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:50 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:41 am
Only Dragon this game Sora didn't interact with. Are you as bummed out by that as I am?
Activates Balance tattoo.

I am equally bummed :(

Yeah, I had dreams of just doing "Togashi drive bys" in lots of threads to meet people that way. Unfortunately RL made that tough.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:51 am

Togashi Nadare wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:47 am

8-)

I imagined that being tattooed with a Kami's blood would probably drive most people insane, and Ise zumi always seem to be the most likely to be crazy (tattooed madman for example). Also he has LMC but it didn't trigger :P I almost gave him Enlightened Madness but decided to stick with Lord Moon.
Oh ho, and here I assumed it had to be enlightened madness, but Lord Moon's Curse works. I love that he was such an unexpectedly powerful force as a shugenja. He really came in out of nowhere on that, and made himself a very useful member of the team.
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Togashi Nadare

Post by Togashi Nadare » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:02 am

Phi wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:51 am
Oh ho, and here I assumed it had to be enlightened madness, but Lord Moon's Curse works. I love that he was such an unexpectedly powerful force as a shugenja. He really came in out of nowhere on that, and made himself a very useful member of the team.
Thanks! I found it pretty compelling that I managed not to cast a spell until right at the end when it was most needed. It seemed an appropriately Dragon thing to do :)

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:28 pm

Nadare! <3

Thank you for joining the Dragon this time around. Nadare was such a fun character to read, I pretty much stalked all the scenes he was in because he was so entertaining. :lol: And thank you for the connection between Nadare and Saruko. It helped a lot for me to have someone Saruko really trusted amongst everyone in the expedition (Nadare probably ranks in the top for "Most Trusted Person" out of everyone for her). He's weird, but he's her weird friend!

What is Nadare planning on doing in the immediate future, and what is the plan for the long-term?
Was there anything you had hoped to show off more with Nadare that you didn't get the chance to?
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:44 pm

Ayyy!

Sorry we didn't hang out much. Life was giving both of us a hard time!

Usually I want to know about character stuff, but I want to know about your build! Were you TM/Shugenja? That sounds awesome. What tattoos did you have?

What will Nadare be doing next? Especially with goals. I feel like it'll be something awesome.
Seppun * Former Isawa * Shugenja * Philosopher * Husbando
Carries: Scroll case, scrolls. Jade.

Togashi Nadare

Post by Togashi Nadare » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:11 am

Togashi Saruko wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:28 pm
He's weird, but he's her weird friend!

What is Nadare planning on doing in the immediate future, and what is the plan for the long-term?
Was there anything you had hoped to show off more with Nadare that you didn't get the chance to?
Thanks! It was great to have that bond so I could play around with his personality. Definitely helped me to get into the game :)

Immediate future: return to Togashi and further develop his magical potential.
Long-term: develop a new Path and teach it to students. Travel the Empire collecting medical knowledge. Sit on some roofs.

Stuff I didn't really do: I was intending to do open threads each day with Nadare looking at the natural world. RL got in the way unfortunately.

Togashi Nadare

Post by Togashi Nadare » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:18 am

Seppun Chisei wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:44 pm
Sorry we didn't hang out much. Life was giving both of us a hard time!

Usually I want to know about character stuff, but I want to know about your build! Were you TM/Shugenja? That sounds awesome. What tattoos did you have?

What will Nadare be doing next? Especially with goals. I feel like it'll be something awesome.
Yeah we both had a quiet game this time around, next time Gadget!

The build was fun to put together! Nadare is Dutiful Disciple Shugenja / Togashi Tattooed Order. Originally he was going to be Tawagoto's, but then I realised I could be a Shugenja/Monk 8-) He has a Balance tattoo (increase or decrease the TN of spells with you as the target) and a Lion tattoo (gain ranks in a Bugei skill).

I wanted to mess around with the idea of what happens when you mix blood magic with the blood of a Kami. His goal this game is to develop a new rank 2 path for Togashi monks that is focused on spells rather than unarmed attacks. Then I expect he'll be taking on some students.

Return to “Q&A”