Protective Spider - Kanna Q and A

Kanna

Protective Spider - Kanna Q and A

Post by Kanna » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:06 am

Ask away.
Spider Clan | Reiko's Shadow | Wary | Warrior
Carries: Tetsubo, Bronze Sword, Practical Clothing, Bottle of Wine, Bottle of Beer

Shinjo Miuna

Re: Protective Spider - Kanna Q and A

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:57 am

She was a character from Dawn 1 right? What was the inspiration for her build? And I didn't follow the lead up but was the relationship with Mai something you thought would happen? Its cute! Just curious if that was ok your radar as a possibility haha. I loved Kanna's No-Fucks-Given attitude, it made her fun to read.
Ki-Rin • Blessed by Tengoku • Dangerous Beauty • Deaf • Feisty
• Shugenja • Small • Soft-hearted

Miuna | Aono | Description

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:30 pm

Kanna was made for Dawn 2, actually. I wanted to make a Yojimbo that protected a bit more actively than 'sit back and guard,' so I went with a build that could find things, take a hit or two, and then kill whatever is doing the hitting.

Honestly, I wasn't sure that Kanna would have a relationship going in. She was very mono focused, so I didn't think she would catch much interest. She was very pleased to be wrong there :D

Kanna had one fuck to give, and she gave that fuck to Reiko
Carries: Tetsubo, Bronze Sword, Practical Clothing, Bottle of Wine, Bottle of Beer

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:38 pm

*pounce*

Did the protective Spider enjoy the relationship growth? I wasn't expecting it on my end either but it was really cute.

Also, how many kids does Kanna want?
Ryoshun Family* Artisan * Cursed!
Status - 1.0, Reputation - What is Expected, Glory - 3.5
Wears/Carries:
Light Armor, Sturdy Clothing, tanto, yari, whetstone, Blacksmith's hammer, inherited carving knife, 8 shark teeth

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:11 pm

How do you imagine Kanna's life going on with that pesty Lord Moon's Curse still there (as far as I know)?
Imperial | Former Isawa | Bushi | Artisan | Skeletal
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: What Is Expected | Description

Jin

Post by Jin » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:09 pm

I know OOC you wouldn't pick the jerk move but, IC, how tempted was Kanna to 'accidentally' finish off Kinsen while she was down?
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:10 pm

Another person I think I was in maybe a single thread with!

Coolest curveball your character threw you?
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:40 pm

Ryoshun Mai wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:38 pm
*pounce*

Did the protective Spider enjoy the relationship growth? I wasn't expecting it on my end either but it was really cute.

Also, how many kids does Kanna want?
It was fun! Mai helped Kanna chill, which was something she desperately needed. For kids... like, 2, she guesses? She's bi, but kids make her job harder.
Jiyo Ayumu wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:11 pm
How do you imagine Kanna's life going on with that pesty Lord Moon's Curse still there (as far as I know)?
I have a few ideas, but I figured LMC will tie into her dark fate somehow. For a while, I imagine Kanna will spend some time bound and gagged for a couple evenings a month (hot)
Jin wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:09 pm
I know OOC you wouldn't pick the jerk move but, IC, how tempted was Kanna to 'accidentally' finish off Kinsen while she was down?
If Nanzi wasn't there she might have done it.
Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:10 pm
Another person I think I was in maybe a single thread with!

Coolest curveball your character threw you?
Her willingness to talk down the barbarian captain, I think. Willingly bringing someone like that into the fold was not what i expected from her

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:09 am

Kanna-chan! <3

Such a departure from Tani, I felt, but I loved reading Kanna scenes. Especially her very charming way of speech. :D

What will be in Kanna's future now that Reiko is united with her love?
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:48 am

She's still gonna act as dutiful protector, at least until whatever happens with her dark fate happens. She's never had much in the way of ambition.

She *probably* becomes Hisomu Kanna at some point, assuming Hisomu is what the family name becomez

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:12 pm

Playing dedicated yojimbo is not easy, particularly when their charges straddle the line between PC and NPC at times, as Reiko did (though I thin she was far more a plot-centric PC as played). It can keep interactions somewhat limited at times, so I wanted to mention that I liked Kanna's interactions as I saw them, when we got the chance for her to shine in the shadows the way she did.

In the theoretical 3rd game, would you think of bringing her back, or is this more of an opportunity to explore other directions, given that she has expressed duties likely to keep her busy and away from the front lines of whatever's coming? Any particularly interesting plans for you for the Spider moving forward through goals?
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:30 pm

Kanna isn't going to leave Reiko basically until Dark Fate does whatever it does to her, so she's out of play. Her big goal right now is to get married, maybe do the kids thing, and help Matsu develop her school.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:32 pm

Kanna wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:30 pm
Kanna isn't going to leave Reiko basically until Dark Fate does whatever it does to her, so she's out of play. Her big goal right now is to get married, maybe do the kids thing, and help Matsu develop her school.
Nozomi approves of all of these goals, as do I.

As a side note - although not in a mechanical sense. Kanna will probably run into Nozomi now and again. She fulfills her promise to Matsu to continue to be a teacher and mentor for her whenever Shinsei's travels take her there, and she writes somewhat often. At some point, Matsu and Kanna probably meet her child with "Taka."

(Haha, after a few years, that lie probably gets pretty natural for her.)
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:40 am

How comfortable is Reiko as a cushion?

:lol:
Seppun Dawei
Stag Clan * Bushi * Quiet * O-Iemoto * Experienced
Status 2.0, Glory 2.0, Reputation 4.5
In village: wears sturdy clothes; carries bronze sword, knife, often a piece of wood he's carving, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
Out of village: wears ashigaru armor; carries bronze sword, yumi, quiver of arrows, traveling pack, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
"Speaking" * Thinking
Description from Dawn 1 * Current Description
Player based in Kerrville, Texas

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:49 am

Seppun Dawei wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:40 am
How comfortable is Reiko as a cushion?

:lol:
She keeps squirming :evil:

Return to “Q&A”