Phee Phi Pho Phum - Phi Q&A

Seppun Dawei

Re: Phee Phi Pho Phum - Phi Q&A

Post by Seppun Dawei » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:13 am

Genji's brother abdicated into the Otomo, setting that precedent.
Seppun Dawei
Stag Clan * Bushi * Quiet * O-Iemoto * Experienced
Status 2.0, Glory 2.0, Reputation 4.5
In village: wears sturdy clothes; carries bronze sword, knife, often a piece of wood he's carving, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
Out of village: wears ashigaru armor; carries bronze sword, yumi, quiver of arrows, traveling pack, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
"Speaking" * Thinking
Description from Dawn 1 * Current Description
Player based in Kerrville, Texas

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:47 am

And wasn't Hantei Jama so happy that they did that? Oh so happy.
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:48 am

I do wonder how the Shiba dynasty is going to handle succession, especially since he has five daughters all before the war even kicks off...
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:51 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:48 am
I do wonder how the Shiba dynasty is going to handle succession, especially since he has five daughters all before the war even kicks off...
I believe that succession of the Divine Princess is going to be a more complicated, but hopefully more peaceful situation than it sometimes was with the Hantei. This wil be something to watch as it progresses.
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:54 am

I know that TPO Jiyo has already worked out that one daughter goes into the Yuzuru, one takes the Shiba name, and the others are Jiyo.
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:01 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:54 am
I know that TPO Jiyo has already worked out that one daughter goes into the Yuzuru, one takes the Shiba name, and the others are Jiyo.
That would make a certain amount of sense. I have a suspicion that the Shiba line may be more "meritorious" based than first-born.

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:05 am

The canon Shiba inheritance system was daddy sword choosing the best heir among the siblings regardless of age, so definitely.
Imperial | Former Isawa | Bushi | Artisan | Skeletal
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: What Is Expected | Description

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:13 am

Jiyo Ayumu wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:05 am
The canon Shiba inheritance system was daddy sword choosing the best heir among the siblings regardless of age, so definitely.
And sometimes it was someone random and unexpected. As I recall, Ujimitsu himself was a rather big surprise in canon.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:24 am

*Donning my Shiba Gunichi Hat*:

It wasn't just siblings. It was anyone in the bloodline.

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:52 am

Nozomi wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:41 am
Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:39 am
I legit loved that. It added to the mythic feel Birb brought up.
By that moment I had embraced this reality. We are in the first century, where gods walk among men. This is myth and we are all entitled to have a little dragon (or in this case a baby buddha) in us. I embraced the myth, and I don't regret it.

History always makes it both mythic and tones it down, but when the craziness hits the fan in the days of legend, it's always a little extra.
Some of us never interacted with a god all game. Well, had ONE talk with Shinsei, but that was a super human feeling talk besides (not that he isn't anyway).

I feel like maybe that was Umeno's role with Phi, and in the setting as well, a bit of a grounding on humanity and common sense for her. Thoughts?
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Former Kawagaya | Stand-Oafish | Blessed
Carries: Armor, Dai Tsuchi, Tetsubo, Tanto, Hat and Cloak, Pack

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:03 am

Bayushi Umeno wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:52 am
Some of us never interacted with a god all game. Well, had ONE talk with Shinsei, but that was a super human feeling talk besides (not that he isn't anyway).

I feel like maybe that was Umeno's role with Phi, and in the setting as well, a bit of a grounding on humanity and common sense for her. Thoughts?
Actually that is almost exactly what her role ended up being with Phi. She was one of the better grounded characters in the game, and helped keep Phi from getting too full of the mythic moments while everything was crashing around. Why? Because she was just grunting and grumbling in front of the mouth of hell like it was another day in paradise. Phi appreciated it a lot.

There were times when she thought about warning Umeno about Bayushi. But she doesn't know how deep, how great the danger of the shadow truly is, or if it goes beyond Shosuro, or if Bayushi himself is really dangerous, or simply part of all of this. She will probably always worry a little for her friend, and for those who join the Scorpion (And likely always roll Perception-Lore TLD whenever she meets them and hope never to ping.). She appreciated Umeno for just... being normal.

In a world of gods and supermen, sometimes it was good to have someone who wasn't wearing a cape but kept pulling their weight.

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:25 am

It wasn't something I really thought about until the end. She was conceived as a loner, but others like Phi helped her open up over the course of the game.

You know she'll always keep an eye out for danger. If anyone would confront Bayushi bluntly if Shadow shenanigans were afoot, it'd be Umeno. :)

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:31 am

Bayushi Umeno wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:25 am
It wasn't something I really thought about until the end. She was conceived as a loner, but others like Phi helped her open up over the course of the game.

You know she'll always keep an eye out for danger. If anyone would confront Bayushi bluntly if Shadow shenanigans were afoot, it'd be Umeno. :)
*laughs* Indeed. Actually, I am curious. How 'might' she react if Phi told her to be careful. She might feel a small compulsion to do it for a friend before they part ways. It'll be a careful thing, because it's based on dreams and tiny, fragmented knowledge of the shadow, so she can't be clear and won't accuse. But a vague warning is possible.

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:52 am

"I'm always careful." :lol:

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:55 am

Bayushi Umeno wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:52 am
a pause

"Unlike someone I know"

pokes Nozomi in the stomach
I am the GM that posts while you're at work, I am the plot line that freezes before day change, I am... The Underbirb!

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:01 am

Ba-dum-tisssss

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:23 am

So. What exactly she wanted to talk about with Kinsen?

Was it just random for fun, or was there a plan?
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:12 am

Bayushi Umeno wrote:
*laughs* that's about what I thought she might say. ^_^

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:16 am

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:23 am
So. What exactly she wanted to talk about with Kinsen?

Was it just random for fun, or was there a plan?
No plan. Phi stopped being a woman with a plan right around the time that the bog hags happened. She realized that she was in deep over her head and got progressively more frightened of what was going on. An understanding she had when Shinsei didn't look at her on the 'choosing' day was that she knew she was ruled by her fear, and it would destroy her in Jigoku. Any plans she'd had coming to this game were dashed by the time that the Nezumi city was in their rear view.

When she came looking at Kinsen, she was trying to get to know the circle of people who were around Shinsei. It was close to that social obligation feel that people get when they start dating someone and figure that they should at least meet their friends once or twice, get to know them. But Hantei intimidated her a lot, just by being ya know, Hantei. So she figured Kinsen was more accessible.

She'd also been staying in Shinsei's tent for the last two days, so it was kind of a 'meet the neighbors' moment more than anything.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:17 am

Bakuriel wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:55 am
Bayushi Umeno wrote:
a pause

"Unlike someone I know"

pokes Nozomi in the stomach
Phi: "Hey, I made sure it didn't happen after we got into the shadowlands! I was careful!"

Sorta.

Return to “Q&A”