Phee Phi Pho Phum - Phi Q&A

Togashi Saruko

Re: Phee Phi Pho Phum - Phi Q&A

Post by Togashi Saruko » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:49 am

*pokes in*

You treat my little friend Shinsei well, ya hear?! :lol:

*noogies Nozomi*

And wow. What a journey it has been for Phi! And it's not over yet!

I think you've answered most of the questions that would come to mind, except the old vanity question of "what did you think of my character"?. Otherwise, I just wanna say that I greatly look forward to seeing this story develop further and I really enjoyed reading Phi's scenes. This was also a little bit of a different character for me to see from you, which was also very cool! :)
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Nozomi

Re: Phee Phi Pho Phum - Phi Q&A

Post by Nozomi » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:13 am

Togashi Saruko wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:49 am
*pokes in*

You treat my little friend Shinsei well, ya hear?! :lol:

*noogies Nozomi*

And wow. What a journey it has been for Phi! And it's not over yet!

I think you've answered most of the questions that would come to mind, except the old vanity question of "what did you think of my character"?. Otherwise, I just wanna say that I greatly look forward to seeing this story develop further and I really enjoyed reading Phi's scenes. This was also a little bit of a different character for me to see from you, which was also very cool! :)
Haha, let's be honest. she started a bit more like my usual Scorpion character. I was channeling Shosuro Arimi/Toku Mino a little bit with her. However, as you said, she ended up being a lot more endearing unintentionally and more human. A lot of what helped her as a character was fear, and her very normal responses to abject terror. I had trouble justifying an 18 year old, however badass, who had never even seen a goblin facing things like bog hags and faceless horrors in her dreams every day just plowing through it. Her terror broke down the walls she was putting up for a self-created image. That dragged her away from my usual.

But you're not wrong. She was neither a target or victim (as she was meant to be a hero, just a scorpion hero), nor was she a dark, brooding manipulator like I frequently play. So she was a step outside of comfort zones.

=================

As for the old vanity question - She didn't have much time to build opinions of people, but when she began to seriously trust Shinsei, his opinions of people tended to color her own. She found Saruko pleasant, a little bit 'soft' but generally she seemed harmless and understanding, so Nozomi rather liked her. She was, however, very 'foreign' to the world that she knew as Phi. She was unaccustomed to people as nice as her, so she had trouble really understanding her. That'll change with time.
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Return to “Q&A”