Life Is Pain - Anjing Xia Q&A

Anjing Xia

Life Is Pain - Anjing Xia Q&A

Post by Anjing Xia » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:41 am

I don't think there's much interest in Xia since she was only able to be a bit player, but I thought I'd put up a Q&A anyway.

My thanks to those who helped contribute to the enjoyable RP I found throughout the campaign. In particular Sora, Jin, Ko and Chisei and those others she ran into.

It was interesting participating in such a light-hearted L5R romp. I certainly didn't expect many of the campaign's developments and I know I'll remember Heavenfall for a good long while yet.

Xia was a surprisingly fun character despite it all. It's not terribly hard to RP an 'against type' character so that continues the trend of Anjing family PCs who are uncomplicated but enjoyable. She got to meet her heroes and, while not able to make history, at least was able to write about it from the sidelines. I'll have to work out whether she ends up slightly traumatised from being forced to watch the lifeless and injured bodies of her comrades for hours, or if in typical Anjing fashion she just decides to get over it.

This is the first bushi I've ever tanked the air ring on and it felt like a success, although I still wouldn't recommend it without a very specific build in mind.
Crab • Seidou • Niece of the Daimyo • Surprisingly Literate • A Little Awkward
• Here To Help • Front Line Combatant • Recorder Of History

Seppun Chisei

Re: Life Is Pain - Anjing Xia Q&A

Post by Seppun Chisei » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:51 am

Xia was a fun character! It was a nifty take on the warrior-scholar.

Tell us a little bit about a favorite scene of yours?

And what is Xia going to do next?
Seppun * Former Isawa * Shugenja * Philosopher * Husbando
Carries: Scroll case, scrolls. Jade.

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:55 am

Seppun Chisei wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:51 am
Xia was a fun character! It was a nifty take on the warrior-scholar.

Tell us a little bit about a favorite scene of yours?

And what is Xia going to do next?
I think any of Xia's scenes with Sora where she gets to meet the BBEG of her recent family history and he turns out to be neither permanently on a wall nor permanently urinating on things, but just a surprisingly reasonable Imperial. Then she got to name a horrible plant after him.

Xia (points willing) will be off to found a school of her own so the Crab have some variety outside of 3 heavy melee bushi schools to pick from.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:22 am

Ready for the library gig?
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:25 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:22 am
Ready for the library gig?
That depends on my points Sora-sama, but I hope so! It could be a good link for the Crab to the rest of Rokugan given they might well end up quite isolated.

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:09 pm

Xia weirded out Saruko so much about the autograph thing, but I thought it was really fun and kind of flattering OOC. :lol:

What's Anjing been up to lately?
Is Xia gonna look for marriage in the near future, or is she a career-focused gal?
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Jin

Post by Jin » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:14 pm

Any more history excerpts?
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:15 pm

Togashi Saruko wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:09 pm
Xia weirded out Saruko so much about the autograph thing, but I thought it was really fun and kind of flattering OOC. :lol:

Is Xia gonna look for marriage in the near future, or is she a career-focused gal?
No one ever got Nanzi's autograph! I was robbed.

I am glad we have some differing views of how History occurred, we need that!
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace
Supporting Staff: Doji Jigutsuji, Nanzi Jongwun, Raven on shoulder

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:11 am

Xia can feel free to visit Scorpion lands anytime she wants. There'll be a library for the old man, and they can reminisce about demon killing over drinks in Big Ray's memory. (while Umeno awkwardly flirts)!
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Former Kawagaya | Stand-Oafish | Blessed
Carries: Armor, Dai Tsuchi, Tetsubo, Tanto, Hat and Cloak, Pack

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:46 am

Togashi Saruko wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:09 pm

Anjing is both very proud and very stressed by her cadre of toddlers with super strength. I imagine she's had to settle down a little bit and try to be responsible, but while she's good at inspiring folks (particularly Crab) admin is not her strong suit.

I'm still tossing up the idea of marriage. On the one hand it would be nice for Xia to finally meet someone. But on the other hand I like the idea of it being her teachings that live on and drive things rather than her kids. Maybe if I had a point or two more I'd have her marry Kaiu.
Jin wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:14 pm
Any more history excerpts?
I hope so now goals are semi finalised! I have one more thing in mind there....
Nanzi wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:15 pm

No one ever got Nanzi's autograph! I was robbed.

I am glad we have some differing views of how History occurred, we need that!
There's still time for Nanzi to send one by correspondence ;)
Xia's account is quite a bit different from most I imagine.
Bayushi Umeno wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:11 am
Xia can feel free to visit Scorpion lands anytime she wants. There'll be a library for the old man, and they can reminisce about demon killing over drinks in Big Ray's memory. (while Umeno awkwardly flirts)!
Definitely :D I imagine Crab/Scorpion relations are quite close in this era, and Xia would be very flattered by any attention even if she has no idea what to do with it.

Return to “Q&A”