The Protective Hammer: Satone Q&A

Seidou Satone

The Protective Hammer: Satone Q&A

Post by Seidou Satone » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:39 am

I do plan on reprising. Unsure about whats going to happen with end game goals, waiting on Haruyo to give me direction, so I can't answer anything regarding that.
Seidou Tribe|Bushi|Large|Strength of the Earth|Blessed by the Earth|Kharmic Tie|Doubt|True Love|Bad Eyesight
Carries: Light Armor, Dai Tsuchi wrapped in blessed rope, Blacksmithing Gear, Jade pendant, 7 uses of jade dust oil
Bodyguard for Seidou Haruyo

Ongaku no Ryoko

Re: The Protective Hammer: Satone Q&A

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:42 am

What does Satone want to do in the future? Like, apart from Haruyo - did she find any goals of her own to chase?
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.
Profile :: Themes

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:48 am

She had a lot of ideas, but most were closed off due to actions taken over the game (or not enough end game goal points).

So now basically she will go where Haruyo goes and figure out what that new life brings.
Seidou Tribe|Bushi|Large|Strength of the Earth|Blessed by the Earth|Kharmic Tie|Doubt|True Love|Bad Eyesight
Carries: Light Armor, Dai Tsuchi wrapped in blessed rope, Blacksmithing Gear, Jade pendant, 7 uses of jade dust oil

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:54 am

Incidentally, I'm very glad that we were able to fetch you and Ko back. Which of the disadvantages are you going to go for? Plenty of good story in those.
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:57 am

Whose advice that she got this game is she most likely to follow?
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:00 am

Phi wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:54 am
Incidentally, I'm very glad that we were able to fetch you and Ko back. Which of the disadvantages are you going to go for? Plenty of good story in those.
Bad Eyesight. She has been Haruyo's eyes for her entire life, so it's a good story beat.
Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:57 am
Whose advice that she got this game is she most likely to follow?
She really is keen on the whole Kolat thing, as none of the "regular" clans did a great job persuading her. Dragon comes in close second.

Unfortunately, Haruyo comes first before anything, and the way it is looking, Haruyo is going Spider, so Satone's ideas take a back seat. :S

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:04 am

I approve. that'll be good bonding for them.
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Jin

Post by Jin » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:06 am

Greatly enjoyed our threads even if she was too stubborn to talk to Shinjo again after :P
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:17 am

Jin wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:06 am
Greatly enjoyed our threads even if she was too stubborn to talk to Shinjo again after :P
She wants to talk to Shinjo again, jut the timing never came up unfortunately. Shinjo got super busy after the initial meeting with her and it never really felt right.

Reo

Post by Reo » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:40 pm

I'm curious, what side effects of the rescue are you going to go with?
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan | Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade, 3 uses of jade dust

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:37 pm

This is a character that really felt like they would have had a much better time at Dawn 1, but for me by Dawn 2 the things she was seeking were already done. I get the need to still play that and by all means it was done with gusto but I can see how it didn't go over like you thought.

She does seem like a perfect fit for this version of the Kolat, but maybe she will find her place in the Spider? The Spider are pretty wide open though they do seem to be going the mystical route.
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace
Supporting Staff: Doji Jigutsuji, Nanzi Jongwun, Raven on shoulder

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:13 pm

Reo wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:40 pm
I'm curious, what side effects of the rescue are you going to go with?
Bad Eyesight
Nanzi wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:37 pm
This is a character that really felt like they would have had a much better time at Dawn 1, but for me by Dawn 2 the things she was seeking were already done. I get the need to still play that and by all means it was done with gusto but I can see how it didn't go over like you thought.

She does seem like a perfect fit for this version of the Kolat, but maybe she will find her place in the Spider? The Spider are pretty wide open though they do seem to be going the mystical route.
I agree, Daw 1 would have been better.

I have permission from all three current Kolat masters to become a Kolat master myself, which is something i would like to do, but i dont have any points to get it.

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:04 am

Seidou Satone wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:00 am
She really is keen on the whole Kolat thing, as none of the "regular" clans did a great job persuading her. Dragon comes in close second.
Yay for second place? :D

In all seriousness though, Saruko just wants the two Seidou to find their place in the changing world. Albeit, she was also a bit cautious after her first talk with Satone on whether or not she would speak in favor of them to Togashi if they decided on paying a visit as was offered. ^^;;

Would you have done anything differently with Satone now in hindsight?
In the end, how did her opinion of the Kami change and what does she think of them and the Clans now?
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:08 am

Togashi Saruko wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:04 am
Yay for second place? :D

In all seriousness though, Saruko just wants the two Seidou to find their place in the changing world. Albeit, she was also a bit cautious after her first talk with Satone on whether or not she would speak in favor of them to Togashi if they decided on paying a visit as was offered. ^^;;

Would you have done anything differently with Satone now in hindsight?
In the end, how did her opinion of the Kami change and what does she think of them and the Clans now?
In hindsight, likely an entirely different character concept. Much less "defiance" and more just "searching".

She has a better opinion of them, but sees them now as a tragedy, beings who once had ultimate power and are now humbled to "Mortal" levels. She definitely respects their power though, and knows no one can do the things they can do.

The concern they are conquerors in disguise is still there, but she doesn't think it malevolent anymore and instead sees that they have the best intentions, just that even with the best intentions, things are going to be hard for some and many things are going to die out.

She's accepted that there's no point in trying to defying the change, and ultimately the best way forward is for everyone to join up.

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:11 pm

Nanzi's long game in action.
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace
Supporting Staff: Doji Jigutsuji, Nanzi Jongwun, Raven on shoulder

Return to “Q&A”