Hall of the Mountain King (Yamadono QnA)

Noriaki no Yamadono

Hall of the Mountain King (Yamadono QnA)

Post by Noriaki no Yamadono » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:30 am

Ask away. He's retiring to a life of travel and new marriage.
Spider Clan | Bushi | Large AF | Blessed by Bishamon and Earth
Carries: Bronze Tetsubo | Fur lined hat and cloak | Bronze Sword | Travelling Pack | Shakuhachi
Accompanied by: Matsu

Seppun Chisei

Re: Hall of the Mountain King (Yamadono QnA)

Post by Seppun Chisei » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:32 am

It was great to see Yamadono in his element. And more of him as a dad, of course!

I know he's retiring, and we're getting Matsu next game. Exciting! Tell us more details about his retirement! Hanging out on the beach, sipping margaritas from the skulls of his enemies?
Seppun * Former Isawa * Shugenja * Philosopher * Husbando
Carries: Scroll case, scrolls. Jade.

Noriaki no Yamadono

Post by Noriaki no Yamadono » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:35 am

Seppun Chisei wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:32 am
It was great to see Yamadono in his element. And more of him as a dad, of course!

I know he's retiring, and we're getting Matsu next game. Exciting! Tell us more details about his retirement! Hanging out on the beach, sipping margaritas from the skulls of his enemies?
He's gonna go travel with Royko and her goals. He's old. He's tired. Being able to overcome Lost Love really changed his path a lot, so the Swamp of Despair was a boon for him.

He only drinks from the skulls of his enemies.
Carries: Bronze Tetsubo | Fur lined hat and cloak | Bronze Sword | Travelling Pack | Shakuhachi

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:16 am

Biggest surprise this game?
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:17 am

Will Matsu knowing of her Destiny now change her future?
Kyosei of the Isawa Tribe
Shugenja • Earth • Experienced • Jade

Glory 2 • Reputation 4 • Status 1
Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.
When out in the area outside the camps, Axe, shovel, bo staff.

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:21 am

Was there any particular catalyst for his interest in Ryoko, was it a thing you expected, or did it surprise you?
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.
Profile :: Themes

Noriaki no Yamadono

Post by Noriaki no Yamadono » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:25 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:16 am
Biggest surprise this game?
Actually being effective xD
Kyosei of the Isawa wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:17 am
Will Matsu knowing of her Destiny now change her future?
Matsu will be following the Terminator adage: There is no fate but what we make.

She was always being set up, from whar Yamadono and her started learning about in Dawn 1, to be a leader of warriors and follow Bushido. But Destiny wasn't known until now, and even then? It changes nothing. She still wants to be the Greatest Samurai Of All Time (TM).
Ongaku no Ryoko wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:21 am
Was there any particular catalyst for his interest in Ryoko, was it a thing you expected, or did it surprise you?
The first scene at the river bend. It was sweet, and the shared love of music made it a good match in my mind.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:38 am

I have absolutely loved the Matsu sequences, and as I've told you Phi will definitely be visiting with her and mentoring her when possible.

What was some of your favorite stuff with the big guy? Did you think he'd survive this game?

So, do you intend to use Yama's retirement to finally rest after the chaos of his life as a chance to tie the Imperials and Spiders a little closer together?
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:43 am

Just to reiterate: it's always a pleasure to play with you!
Seppun Dawei
Stag Clan * Bushi * Quiet * O-Iemoto * Experienced
Status 2.0, Glory 2.0, Reputation 4.5
In village: wears sturdy clothes; carries bronze sword, knife, often a piece of wood he's carving, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
Out of village: wears ashigaru armor; carries bronze sword, yumi, quiver of arrows, traveling pack, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
"Speaking" * Thinking
Description from Dawn 1 * Current Description
Player based in Kerrville, Texas

Noriaki no Yamadono

Post by Noriaki no Yamadono » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:51 am

Phi wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:38 am
I have absolutely loved the Matsu sequences, and as I've told you Phi will definitely be visiting with her and mentoring her when possible.

What was some of your favorite stuff with the big guy? Did you think he'd survive this game?

So, do you intend to use Yama's retirement to finally rest after the chaos of his life as a chance to tie the Imperials and Spiders a little closer together?
I really enjoyed the Matsu sequences as well! It eas a lor of fun to contrast her versus his more experienced world view.

I'm a simple man. I got giddy joy in rolling 10d10ro1o10k4 to hit the creature that was trying to get Matsu, and them the 9d10o10k3+4 damage rolls after raises.

But outside of that, I really *really* enjoy romances in games, and the stories that come from that. So that les when first talking to Phi and obviously Ryoko.

As.for survival? I'm not surprised? That's the wrong word. But I was fully prepared to YOU SHALL NOT PASS an Oni escaping Jigoku and sacrifice him to save everyone.

And that's likely the course. Seeing how I can help shape that Imperial/Spider partnership.
Seppun Dawei wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:43 am
Just to reiterate: it's always a pleasure to play with you!
Same!

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:53 am

And I will now also add: You invested two games into building her up. I am really looking forward to you reprising Matsu in the one day we play Dawn 3 down the road.
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:19 pm

I'm greatly looking forward to seeing Matsu in the future!

Yamadono's and Saruko's paths didn't cross much. When he was initially playing music by the river early on, I was considering jumping in, but then I noticed later someone else had joined and it didn't feel right to join. :lol:

Matsu Family, or Matsu School first? :D
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Noriaki no Yamadono

Post by Noriaki no Yamadono » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:35 pm

Matsu Sentinel School first. Especially since the Spider look like we aren't getting a courtier school right out of the gate, the rank 1 ability will help in the bushi being slightly more courtly focused.

Return to “Q&A”