Life Under the Birb (GM Bakuriel Q&A)

Bakuriel

Re: Life Under the Birb (GM Bakuriel Q&A)

Post by Bakuriel » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:50 pm

Ongaku no Ryoko wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:27 pm
I know I bugged you a lot about rules stuff, but I enjoyed the time I got to chat up shinsei, and also I'm glad I saved his rock.

Please explain why he carries the rock. Is it purely because it is comfy for his butt? Does he do it to troll people?

Does he just want them gains?
It's a little of everything, plus his conversation with Phi about training whenever you can. Carrying that rock helps him keep those insane muscles which set the poor woman to drooling. It is, once again, taken from personal experience, this time my training in the bujinkan style of martial principle, specifically the Shinden Fudo teachings which emphasize nature and natural movement. Shinsei can't hit the gym regularly to stay in shape, hence rock. The rock is wide and flat, making it unwieldy, thus requiring multiple muscle groups, and comfortable to sit on to boot.
I am the GM that posts while you're at work, I am the plot line that freezes before day change, I am... The Underbirb!

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:33 pm

And here I was, thinking it really was to be used to plug the hole!
Kyosei of the Isawa Tribe
Shugenja • Earth • Experienced • Jade

Glory 2 • Reputation 4 • Status 1
Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.
When out in the area outside the camps, Axe, shovel, bo staff.

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:13 am

Thank you for bringing Shinsei to life! :D

And thank you for contributing to building Dawn-verse. I can tell there was a lot of fun ideas that you three had, and all things considered, you were a great contributor to rounding out the GM team and expect lots of great stuff from all of you now!

Is there anything you're greatly looking forward to in the future of the setting that you can share?
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:26 am

Did you plan that that many people would like a deep stare from Shinsei at the end? Did you make all these rebuttals on the spot or where some of them prepared in advance as you were expecting them?
Imperial | Former Isawa | Bushi | Artisan | Skeletal
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: What Is Expected | Description

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:38 am

My scenes with Shinsei especially the last one really cemented what Nanzi is and probably will be.

Thank you for making them memorable.
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace
Supporting Staff: Doji Jigutsuji, Nanzi Jongwun, Raven on shoulder

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:21 am

Oh, yeah, that's a question...

Why Sora, in particular, for the rescue team? I mean, yeah, he had Fukrokujin guiding him so his Spirit Realms roll wasn't mechanical trash, but what earned him the spot?
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:39 am

Togashi Saruko wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:13 am
Thank you for bringing Shinsei to life! :D

And thank you for contributing to building Dawn-verse. I can tell there was a lot of fun ideas that you three had, and all things considered, you were a great contributor to rounding out the GM team and expect lots of great stuff from all of you now!

Is there anything you're greatly looking forward to in the future of the setting that you can share?
Shiba was always my favorite of the Kami siblings, so helping to figure out the kind of influence he would have on the empire as its leader will be an interesting challenge. We've already got some fun ideas in store for that.
Jiyo Ayumu wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:26 am
Did you plan that that many people would like a deep stare from Shinsei at the end? Did you make all these rebuttals on the spot or where some of them prepared in advance as you were expecting them?
I knew I was poking the bear with that one. The only ones that were prepared in any way in advance were the four who were accepted.
Nanzi wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:38 am
My scenes with Shinsei especially the last one really cemented what Nanzi is and probably will be.

Thank you for making them memorable.
I feel like those two will never like each other, and that creates some very interesting stories as the Crane deviate from Shinsei and his teachings. It was a pleasure interacting with you.
Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:21 am
Oh, yeah, that's a question...

Why Sora, in particular, for the rescue team? I mean, yeah, he had Fukrokujin guiding him so his Spirit Realms roll wasn't mechanical trash, but what earned him the spot?
Overall character story. The people chosen were characters who had made large developments between their conception and the point they were at when it came time to jump into the hole. For Sora it was the move from Hikaru killer to devoted scholar, and his refusal to waver from that path.
I am the GM that posts while you're at work, I am the plot line that freezes before day change, I am... The Underbirb!

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:26 am

Will his shadow ever return?
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Return to “Q&A”