Questions & Screeches with Hanzou

Hanzou

Questions & Screeches with Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:11 am

Ask and I will answer. You can ask about Nazo too, if you'd like.
Stranger ~ Shugenja ~ Water ~ Archer ~ Hunter ~ Healer ~ Spirit Talker ~ Small ~ Wary ~ Ennui
Glory 2 ~ Reputation 4 ~ Status 1

Carries: Yumi, Arrows, Aiguchi, Lantern, Water, Medicine Kit, Jade (4/7)

Ongaku no Ryoko

Re: Questions & Screeches with Hanzou

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:16 am

Was the screech a result of a disad?

Also, was it meant to be very high pitched? Because I envisioned it very high pitched.
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.
Profile :: Themes

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:28 am

It's the drawback I chose for Child of Chikushudo.

Crippling Stutter: The ancestor’s true form seems to interfere with your ability to communicate. Every few sentences, your words come out garbled and nonsensical.

Hanzou is half Komouri, so it was high pitched. His speech is peppered with Komouri words that add meaning to what he's saying. But, he doesn't hear it. His gift from Child of Chikushudo is to understand the speech of spirits. So, he only hears what he's intending to say.
Stranger ~ Shugenja ~ Water ~ Archer ~ Hunter ~ Healer ~ Spirit Talker ~ Small ~ Wary ~ Ennui

Jin

Post by Jin » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:03 am

Remember that if you hurt Miuna Jin might not kill you but he'll surely make life very, very difficult :P
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:09 am

I'd expect no less. I'll stay on your good side (or blind side, if necessary).

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:54 am

Hahaha, Jin ♡

Miuna and Hanzou are too pure and it tickles me endlessly hehe

Question then:

What was the force behind building Hanzou the way you did? Did any of it stem from playing Nazo previously? He felt very carefully crafted and I liked his energy. Obviously it caught Miuna's attentions xD I didn't think she was going to have a romantic interest actually, but you know. Sometimes they have a mind of their own :lol:
Ki-Rin • Blessed by Tengoku • Dangerous Beauty • Deaf • Feisty
• Shugenja • Small • Soft-hearted

Miuna | Aono | Description

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:12 am

I sort of built him as a potential recruit into the Bat. I knew I wasn't going to bring Nazo and I knew Agasha would be in the game. So, I was looking at building a character who could connect with her and any other Bat characters. I also wanted to give the Bat a bushi.

The initial concept was a spirit hunter from the Valley of Spirits, an early version of the Toritaka. I was already considering Child of Chikushudo at that point.

Then I got sidetracked with an idea for a polynesian tribe and started building a shugenja sailor.

In the end, I went with a variation of the first idea and made him "tribeless", with a remote connection to the Bat via a koumori mentor. He'd be awkward, but generally positive and curious (similar to Agasha).

Ironically, I wasn't sure whether to give him water or air affinity. Water felt more useful. If I'd only known.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:45 pm

Jin wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:03 am
Remember that if you hurt Miuna Jin might not kill you but he'll surely make life very, very difficult :P
And if Jin complains... Sora might kill you :twisted:

We really only had the one thread together, backtracking the tainted dhole... a certain special Ki-Rin aside, who did Hanzou click with the most?
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:56 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:45 pm
Jin wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:03 am
And if Jin complains... Sora might kill you :twisted:

We really only had the one thread together, backtracking the tainted dhole... a certain special Ki-Rin aside, who did Hanzou click with the most?
I'm pretty sure Aono would beat you both to it.

I feel like I spent more time watching others than interacting with them. I enjoyed studying the stone marker with Jin and the exploration of Volturnum with everyone was fun. Every one on one thread I had (Ayumu, Saruko, Inga, Miyako) was great. I just wish I had followed up on them better.

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:46 am

I had some fun with Saruko being very chill about Hanzou's supernatural origins. :lol:

"My parent was a komouri, and the other one human."
"Well, that is perfectly normal!"

Glad to know now OOC what it was that made him sound so weird! Often, all I imagined hearing was that all Hanzou wanted for christmas was his two front teeth and it made it hard for me to stay serious. :lol:

Is there anything you would've wanted to do different with Hanzou now in hindsight?
I'm also curious about this Polynesian sailo idea!
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:14 am

I do wish I had gotten into the bandit event. That was the only combat Hanzou felt suited for. I also really wanted to use his ability to understand speech from other realms. And, with a bit more prep time, I might have refined the screeching a bit, to establish an actual pattern.

The islander idea was to have two characters (bushi and shugenja), from the Islands of Spice and Silk. Very carefree, very live for the moment and very interested in whatever might be over the next horizon. Benten was the sea goddess the tribe worshipped and they had some spirit blood, thanks to danger island.

It was a fun idea. The issue was finding a hook into the game.

But.....

Return to “Q&A”