One-Eyed, One-Hand Ki-Rin Purple People Healer

Jin

One-Eyed, One-Hand Ki-Rin Purple People Healer

Post by Jin » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:04 am

You know what, I think I might have made that joke last time, ah well - we're going with it again.

So, this is Jin's last game unless there's a future where Daimyo may return. He was a pretty open book even before that but he definitely is now that he's heading to NPC town.

Thanks for everyone I got to have threads with!
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Nanzi

Re: One-Eyed, One-Hand Ki-Rin Purple People Healer

Post by Nanzi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:05 am

Is he finally over being a martyr?
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace
Supporting Staff: Doji Jigutsuji, Nanzi Jongwun, Raven on shoulder

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:09 am

I'm sad that Kyosei never got into one of the Kolat threads - if he knew of them, he would have definitely been willing to join.
Kyosei of the Isawa Tribe
Shugenja • Earth • Experienced • Jade

Glory 2 • Reputation 4 • Status 1
Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.
When out in the area outside the camps, Axe, shovel, bo staff.

Jin

Post by Jin » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:20 am

Nanzi wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:05 am
Is he finally over being a martyr?
Nope, he understands not throwing his life away for nothing but if his death will save many more he's going to do it in a heartbeat.
Kyosei of the Isawa wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:09 am
I'm sad that Kyosei never got into one of the Kolat threads - if he knew of them, he would have definitely been willing to join.
If Kyosei ever wants to spend goal points to join the Kolat he has a place in the Jade Sect. If not Jin's idea for the sect was:
Jin will focus on recruiting shugenja, those with experience dealing with hostile spirits of any type, and with his trip south those with experience with any strange new threats that have emerged from Jigoku.

While direct action will be used when needed so as to stop threats before they can cause more than minimal death and suffering the primary focus will be on learning and studying about such threats and how they can be defeated and using that information to arm and direct others against the threat without weakening the sect. Making sure the right heroes happen to hear about problems and happen to stumble upon the knowledge needed to stop them.
So Kyosei is definitely on that list of 'right heroes' (and source of information) even if he never formally becomes a member.
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:30 am

Is Jin likely to return for a third game, or is his story over?
Seppun * Former Isawa * Shugenja * Philosopher * Husbando
Carries: Scroll case, scrolls. Jade.

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:44 am

Where do you think Jin's loyalties most accurately lie? With the Kolat? The Unicorn? Or just with being and doing good?
Crab • Seidou • Niece of the Daimyo • Surprisingly Literate • A Little Awkward
• Here To Help • Front Line Combatant • Recorder Of History

Canary

Post by Canary » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:53 am

Does he have any opinions about what sort of person Shinjo should set him up with? :lol:
GM + Bird + Glorious Plumage + Experienced

"Is the dark side stronger?"
"No, no, no. Quicker. Easier. More seductive."

Jin

Post by Jin » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:03 am

Seppun Chisei wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:30 am
Is Jin likely to return for a third game, or is his story over?
I'd love to reprise Jin but the GMs have said they're likely moving away from having Daimyo as characters. Which is understandable especially as time jumps mean families expand and it can lead to character conflicts to have one so high in status over others.
Anjing Xia wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:44 am
Where do you think Jin's loyalties most accurately lie? With the Kolat? The Unicorn? Or just with being and doing good?
At this point, to Jin, the first two match the latter. But, if there was to be a conflict, the latter is always going to be the winner. He has faith in Shinjo and her compassion, he has faith in the Kolat (as they exist now) but if either were to break that faith he would do what was, in his eyes, the greatest good.
Canary wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:53 am
Does he have any opinions about what sort of person Shinjo should set him up with? :lol:
I mean there's this whole upcoming war matter we should really sort out first....

Description

Canary

Post by Canary » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:06 am

Jin wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:03 am
I mean there's this whole upcoming war matter we should really sort out first....
We have a good 13 years before that's even a thing. Plenty of time to marry and continue your line and populate the Unicorn.

There is no escaping the will of Shinjo. And now you have to spend a bunch of time helping her rehabilitate.
GM + Bird + Glorious Plumage + Experienced

"Is the dark side stronger?"
"No, no, no. Quicker. Easier. More seductive."

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:07 am

What war?
Seppun * Former Isawa * Shugenja * Philosopher * Husbando
Carries: Scroll case, scrolls. Jade.

Jin

Post by Jin » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:49 am

Seppun Chisei wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:07 am
What war?
Jigoku vs Ningen-do: Round 2 - This one's for all the (thousand years of) marbles!

Description

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:10 pm

Jin was so great to interact with and read about. Some of the threads got so long and I loved having so much information to absorb! I'm so happy that you were unicorn too cause it really helped to have someone to kind of wade into the waters with, being new and all. So I was so excited to find out I had another player character to connect with right away! Thank you for being awesome and I dont think I have any questions I haven't asked you privately already haha. Who will Jin marry!!?! Thats the big money question!
Ki-Rin • Blessed by Tengoku • Dangerous Beauty • Deaf • Feisty
• Shugenja • Small • Soft-hearted

Miuna | Aono | Description

Jin

Post by Jin » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:45 pm

Definitely glad to help. I know these games can be overwhelming at the best of times let alone the first time so I'm happy to hear it eased that somewhat.

As for the marriage that'll be mostly in Canary's hands since no PC snapped him up. I've dropped an idea in my PF but we'll see if they run with it.

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:46 pm

Jin wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:45 pm
As for the marriage that'll be mostly in Canary's hands since no PC snapped him up. I've dropped an idea in my PF but we'll see if they run with it.
Han-Han in a kimono. Mark my words.
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Jin

Post by Jin » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:47 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:46 pm
Jin wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:45 pm
Han-Han in a kimono. Mark my words.
As if the great and powerful Han-Han would settle for a measly Daimyo. There are still Kami left unmarried! (I think...)

Description

Jin

Post by Jin » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:35 pm

Jin's post game sheet (obviously NPC Jin will diverge from this - as a note Great Destiny was added with the final points for this game and wasn't on his side while he was playable)

Jin
Ki-Rin Jin Family Daimyo
School/Rank: Self-Taught Shugenja 2
Insight: 162
XP: 0
Honor: 4.0
Glory: 6.0
Shadowlands Taint: 0.1

Rings (66)

Earth 3
-Stamina 3 (12)
-Willpower 3 (School bonus)

Water 3
-Strength 3 (12)
-Perception 3 (12)

Fire 2
-Agility 2
-Intelligence 3 (12)

Air 2
-Reflexes 2
- Awareness 2

Void 3 (18)

Skills (* are school skills/emphasis) (32)
*Athletics 2 (2)
*Craft: Cartography 3 (5)
*Craft: Paper Making
*Defense 2 (2)
*Hunting
*Meditation 3 (5)
*Spellcraft 3 (5)
Investigation (1)
Lore: Anatomy 2 (3)
Medicine (Disease) 3 (6)
Sincerity 1 (1)
Calligraphy 1 (1)
Horsemanship 2 (3)
Lore: Theology 1 (1)
Lore: Shadowlands 3 (6)
Lore: Spirit Realms 1 (1)
Lore: Prehuman Races 2 (3)

Advantages: (31, 9 of which is event rewards)

Absolute Direction [Mental] (1)
- Always knows North outside of the Shadowlands

Great Destiny [Spiritual] (7)

Precise Memory [Mental] (3)
- Incredible recall. +1k1 on important Intelligence memory rolls.

Quick [Physical] (6 Points*Event Reward)
You can react quickly to others, seizing advantage where previously there had been none. If you did not act first during a Combat Round, during the Reactions Stage of combat you may add your Reflexes Trait to the total of your Initiative Score for all subsequent rounds of this skirmish. This may be done each Round that you did not act first.

Seven Fortunes' Blessing: Jurojin [Spiritual] (4)
- +2k0 to resist disease or poison

Strength of the Earth [Physical] (3)
- TN penalties from wound reduced by 3

Way of the Land: Kakita [Mental] (2)
- Cannot get lost and know available resources

Way of the Land: Noriaki [Mental] (2)

Way of the Land: Seppun [Mental] (2)

Ally: Akagi 2/1 [Social] (3*Event reward)

Way of the Land: Seidou [Mental] (5)

Disadvantages: (11, 10 points gained)

Bad Eyesight (Missing Left Eye) [Physical] (3)
- 1k1 to Perception rolls and ranged attacks

Missing Limb (Missing Right Hand) [Physical] (6)
- +10 to TNs using right hand/both hands

Soft Hearted [Mental] (2)
- Must succeed at Willpower TN20 to kill another human. +10 to all TNs for one day if killing another.

Techniques
The Kami's Gift
- +2k2 when spending Void on Spellcasting
Afinity: Water
Deficiency: Fire, Air

----
Spells:
Sense
Commune
Summon
Path to Inner Peace
Reversal of Fortunes
The Swell of the Storm
Inari's Blessing
Jurojin's Balm
Wave-borne Speed
Shinjo's Blessing
Jade Strike

Description

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:59 am

Jin ended up being a busy man, but Umeno enjoyed her time with him. She's a blunt, simple woman, and felt like she could relate to Jin easily. Why, with more time, and if I didn't feel Umeno needed to stay Scorpion for the setting, she'd have gladly made an honest wife outta him. :P
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Former Kawagaya | Stand-Oafish | Blessed
Carries: Armor, Dai Tsuchi, Tetsubo, Tanto, Hat and Cloak, Pack

Jin

Post by Jin » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:15 am

Heh so many 'if things were different' wives. But she definitely would have made the short list I think.

Description

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:35 am

Oho, someone else with a butt-ton of Advantages! :D

Shame Jin and Saruko didn't get to spend much time together. She really admires his desire to help people and be a cause for lessening pain and suffering. It aligns very much with her own philosophy, though with different approaches.

What does Jin look for in a wife? :D
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Jin

Post by Jin » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:08 am

A pulse and a distaste for tyranny are about the only requirements he is aware of. He's kind of at a loss when it comes to romance and love.

Description

Return to “Q&A”