Nanzi 2: Oni Boogaloo

Nanzi

Nanzi 2: Oni Boogaloo

Post by Nanzi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:03 am

He won't be coming back but I am sure there are things that will be a surprise.
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace
Supporting Staff: Doji Jigutsuji, Nanzi Jongwun, Raven on shoulder

Seppun Dawei

Re: Nanzi 2: Oni Boogaloo

Post by Seppun Dawei » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:07 am

Why, dammit? XD
Seppun Dawei
Stag Clan * Bushi * Quiet * O-Iemoto * Experienced
Status 2.0, Glory 2.0, Reputation 4.5
In village: wears sturdy clothes; carries bronze sword, knife, often a piece of wood he's carving, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
Out of village: wears ashigaru armor; carries bronze sword, yumi, quiver of arrows, traveling pack, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
"Speaking" * Thinking
Description from Dawn 1 * Current Description
Player based in Kerrville, Texas

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:08 am

How much damage will the Oni end up doing to the Empire? To the Crane?
Kyosei of the Isawa Tribe
Shugenja • Earth • Experienced • Jade

Glory 2 • Reputation 4 • Status 1
Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.
When out in the area outside the camps, Axe, shovel, bo staff.

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:11 am

Seppun Dawei wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:07 am
Why, dammit? XD
I mean he does not know it's an evil creature and it legit helped the group several times with information and warnings.

Plus for the lolz, this game was too carebear, not a dig, it needed some darkness.

If you need someone to play a tragic hero, I am your Huckleberry.
Kyosei of the Isawa wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:08 am
No idea, that is the fun part.
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:15 am

What is the biggest custom Nanzi wants to introduce? Cultural or otherwise?
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.
Profile :: Themes

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:24 am

Ongaku no Ryoko wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:15 am
What is the biggest custom Nanzi wants to introduce? Cultural or otherwise?
He is promoting the agenda of Doji, so whatever she is focusing on that is probably his focus as well. He likes Dueling, feels it is genteel and that may be his pet project but for now his main ideal is to be a bulwark against ideas he feels impede what Rokugan should be or the Empire.

It's too soon to tell what will and will not take root so a large time jump will give a better handle on his priorities outside building his secret alliance.

Jin

Post by Jin » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:30 am

Definitely loved the handling of the oni. There was very little reason not to trust it if not overly paranoid (which Nanzi has never been really depicted as).
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:36 am

The oni thing was not my idea, it was not even in the cards of ideas I would have considered for Nanzi. It had been hinted at when he first went to the cave I guess and then it just continued and so Nanzi responded and thought it was evil but it seemed reasonable and informative and the turning point was the warning when Matsu was attacked.

I thought it was the Nothing, to be honest and was equally intrigued.

Only when it came time to slash his hand for blood did I as a player realize well this is probably bad but by then IC Nanzi had no reason to really be against the spirit. There are some plans for it, and we have discussed a few things but I didn;t come in with any intent to destroy Rokugan, that was my original concept for game two but I dropped it.

Nanzi is a heroic character, flawed but heroic.

He may tread a dark path, unknowingly, but we shall see how his story ends in the games to come. He believes in proto-Bushido, he believes in what the Kami are offering and why he acted as he did in most scenes.
Jin wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:30 am
Definitely loved the handling of the oni. There was very little reason not to trust it if not overly paranoid (which Nanzi has never been really depicted as).
Yeah not paranoid, the child that was a spider thing was just too obvious for him but overall Nanzi has supreme confidence in himself and the Crane. He was alert and he had security concerns but once the spirit was helpful and informative and stroked his ego in some ways he was on board.

I think in time he may regret what has happened depending on the outcomes but hey it will make for a cool story and probably make the Crane something unique to the setting.

I have some ideas but they are really contingent on the outcome of goals and the setting.

Canary

Post by Canary » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:02 am

Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:08 am
Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...
GM + Bird + Glorious Plumage + Experienced

"Is the dark side stronger?"
"No, no, no. Quicker. Easier. More seductive."

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:05 am

Another question for Nanzi - will he investigate with other shugenja to write out the rules for their duels? Or wait on Kyosei?
Kyosei of the Isawa Tribe
Shugenja • Earth • Experienced • Jade

Glory 2 • Reputation 4 • Status 1
Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.
When out in the area outside the camps, Axe, shovel, bo staff.

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:07 am

Thanks to Nanzi for being will to introduce some conflict into the setting both now and hopefully in the future. It can be pretty rough to be an antagonist sometimes.
Crab • Seidou • Niece of the Daimyo • Surprisingly Literate • A Little Awkward
• Here To Help • Front Line Combatant • Recorder Of History

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:09 am

Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:05 am
Another question for Nanzi - will he investigate with other shugenja to write out the rules for their duels? Or wait on Kyosei?
He will look into it, the pitch gave him ideas and seek out the knowledge of priests to better see how they feel about it.
Anjing Xia wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:07 am
Thanks to Nanzi for being will to introduce some conflict into the setting both now and hopefully in the future. It can be pretty rough to be an antagonist sometimes.
The funny thing is that I wanted Nanzi to not be an antagonist, but somehow I just have that streak in me to be... I guess antagonistic IC. Thank you though, it can be hard to play such a role at times as it does limit some interactions.

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:10 am

Nanzi wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:09 am
The funny thing is that I wanted Nanzi to not be an antagonist, but somehow I just have that streak in me to be... I guess antagonistic IC. Thank you though, it can be hard to play such a role at times as it does limit some interactions.
I will do my best to have the Crab follow in your footsteps Nanzi-sama.
Crab • Seidou • Niece of the Daimyo • Surprisingly Literate • A Little Awkward
• Here To Help • Front Line Combatant • Recorder Of History

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:15 am

Just want to put it in black and white, because our characters are pretty emphatically not friends- this game needed Nanzi, and I'm damned glad he shook out the way he did.

But I must ask- what he'll was up with bringing his onibird around so many supernaturally sensitive types? I was worried that an awesome tragic future beat was gonna get burned on an oracular gimme. :lol:
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:24 am

Not intentional, just thought it was a fun gimmick. I trusted the gms to handle that part.

Sora has become a very heroic foil in this new Rokigan good to see their enmity continue.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:33 am

So, first of all, I like how you've interacted with "Nanashi." I think you followed the logic of the era and how much our characters know perfectly We were capped at Shadowlands Lore 3. Knowing a few monsters and the basics of the taint were about as far as we go. Nanzi had no reason to know Maho existed (because the first maho tsukai were Tsuriko and Inga, and we didn't know Kansen existed until D15 for the most part), and blood is a regular part of religious ceremonies at this point.

You played that on point, and we've got non-humans working with us. He ran with his ego and his goals perfectly, and I absolutely want to see where this goes, so I'm glad he survived.

=======================================

I've gotta ask. If you ask Nanzi, I'm sure he says he has Great Destiny, but does he actually or is it all his head?
Also - exactly how hard were Doji's three impossible tasks?
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:10 am

Nanzi does not have Great Destiny, he believes in Doji and Hantei and he believes in the divinity of man. He is also a man who has grand ambition and he would say he made his own Destiny.

Even if it is in his head he has accomplished some crazy things and married a Goddess. The impossible tasks were fun because I used literal and figurative solutions.

The hardest being the Sun's favor.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:14 am

It's actually hard to read the old stuff without an account, so I' curious. how'd he pull off the sun's favor exactly?
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Jin

Post by Jin » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:36 am

So if Nanzi is not reprising I may have to scrap my follow up character of Na'na-zi the nezumi outcast determined to be a samurai by following the path of the best-best samurai. Not as much fun if it won't actually drive him into apoplexy. :P
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:51 am

Nanzi is a character I love to hate! He's very well done and I'm so stoked to see where his story goes and what happens with the Oni! Sorry those aren't really questions lol
Ki-Rin • Blessed by Tengoku • Dangerous Beauty • Deaf • Feisty
• Shugenja • Small • Soft-hearted

Miuna | Aono | Description

Return to “Q&A”